Wednesday, April 14, 2021

Last Chance Products Card

Welcome to the West Coast Creators Blog Hop!! And thank you very much for visiting my blog! This month, we are featuring some Last Chance Products--I am sad to see many of my favourite products leaving! My card this month uses the retiring High Tide, a stamp set that I have used a lot over the past few years! Two more favourites, our Well Written Dies and Rococo Rose (as well as the rest of the 2019-2021 In Colors) are also retiring (sigh!! 😢).


So, this card was made with a combination of older and new products. It is a variation of a card I designed for Kylie Bertucci's April International Highlights Blog (see my April 5 blog post). I started by tearing across the top of a Post-It Note, and sticking it over the bottom of a 4" x 5-1/4" piece of Shimmery White Cardstock (this would later become the grass), and used the smallest Layering Circles die to cut another Post-It Note as a sun. Starting at the bottom and working upwards, I used our Blending Brushes to add colours from the ink pads--Blushing Bride, Rococo Rose, Highland Heather, Balmy Blue, and ending with Pacific Point at the top. I removed the circle Post-It note, and went over the sun with a bit of Balmy Blue, so it wasn't a stark white colour. 


I removed the Post-It note from the bottom, stuck the remaining top of the note (the torn off part) along the edge, and coloured the grass with some Old Olive ink and a Blending Brush. Then I stamped the lighthouse image from High Tide in  Night of Navy, and filled in the lighthouse by blending the colour with a Blender Pen. I added some texture by stamping (from High Tide) the sand with Crumb Cake, stamped the grass in Old Olive, and mounted this layer on a 4-1/8" x 5-3/8" layer of Pacific Point cardstock. The sentiment was cut from Pacific Point cardstock (with a piece of Adhesive Sheet on the back) with one of our Well Written Dies, and then adhered it to the card.


Night of Navy ink was used to stamp the birds, and a large Basic Rhinestone Jewel was added to the lighthouse to finish the card. The card base is an 8-1/2" x 5-1/2" piece of Rococo Rose cardstock, scored at 4-1/4", which is matted with a 4-1/8" x 5-3/8" Pacific Point layer.

Be sure to order your Last Chance products soon--available until May 3rd, or while quantities last!

Thanks very much for visiting my blog! I hope you'll leave a comment before you visit the other hops in the blog. You'll see some beautiful creations!!

❤️ Kim
Thanks very much for taking the time to leave a comment!! 😊

8 comments:

  1. Your card is beautiful! I appreciate your detailed instruction. I never would have thought to use Blushing Bride above the sand. It is so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks very much, Shanda! I love using our Blending Brushes!

      Delete
  2. Beautiful card, Kim! I will really miss High Tide when it retires!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Lori! I will really miss High Tide, too!!

      Delete
  3. love the blender pen trick!! I should really remember to use it more often.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Gill! It works well with a stamp like this one. 😊

      Delete

Waves of Inspiration/Oceanfront Fun-Fold Thank You Card

I like this type of fun-fold card--it's unique! Hello, and welcome to my blog! Thanks for stopping by! First of all , this card is not a...