Monday, September 7, 2020

Silhouette Thank You Card


 

Hello everyone! I am participating again in Kylie's International Blog Highlights, and would like to ask for your vote again, please! If you like my card, please click on the link below, and vote for me by clicking on the top right corner of the thumbnail of my card (which is card #2), until you see the heart turn red. 

Here is the link:

https://bit.ly/KyliesInternationalHighlightsSeptember2020VoteForMeHere

The technique for the background for this card is quick, easy, and produces a different result every time! I used a piece of Shimmery White cardstock for the card--this is one of my favourite cardstocks to use for watercolour and sponged backgrounds. I coloured on an acrylic block (size F), using several Stampin' Write Markers from the Brights collection (Daffodil Delight, Mango Melody, Flirty Flamingo, Melon Mambo, and Gorgeous Grape). For this card, I started with splotches of alternating lighter colours at the bottom, and darker colours toward the top of the piece, making sure that the colours on the block would cover the entire white layer. Using a Stampin' Spritzer, I spritzed water (3-5 sprays) from a height of about 6", until the colours began to blend. Next I turned the block over, and pressed it firmly onto the Shimmery White cardstock. I blotted any puddles with paper towel, and then allowed this layer to dry thoroughly.




The bullrushes or flowers silhouette was cut from the Friendly Silhouettes Dies from a piece of Basic Black cardstock. Once the watercolour piece was dry, I adhered the silhouette to the background piece, and trimmed the excess. I cut a stitched frame from black cardstock, using the Stitched Rectangle dies.  I added foam strips all around the back of the frame, and coloured the inside and outside edges of the foam strips with a black Sharpie marker (so the foam wasn't as visible), then attached the frame to the watercolour piece.

The card front was adhered to a piece of Crushed Curry cardstock, and then layered on a Soft Suede card base.

The sentiment was stamped, and cut out with the smallest of the Stitched So Sweetly dies, and added to the card with Dimensionals. To finish the card, I added three clear Elegant Faceted Gems.

Here is another card, this time made with the flowers silhouette die.




If you like my card, please vote for me by clicking on this link--then click the top right corner of the thumbnail until the heart turns red:

https://bit.ly/KyliesInternationalHighlightsSeptember2020VoteForMeHere




Product List

18 comments:

  1. Cool technique. Works really well with the black silhouette.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Theresa! It's a really fun technique, and it's pretty easy!

      Delete
  2. I love the watercolour and sponged background with the black silhouette! Stunning Kim. Thanks for being part of my International Highlights this month! All the best with the voting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks very much, Kylie! And thank you for doing the International Highlights! I'm so excited to be a part of it!!

      Delete
  3. Love your background technique. I am going to give it a try.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, DeeDee!! You'll love the results with the technique!

      Delete
  4. You have inspired me to use this die set more Kim! The background technique is one of my favourites!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Deb! I haven't used the die set much, either, but thought it was perfect for this technique! Thanks for stopping by and commenting!

      Delete
  5. Wow Kim love this technique you've used gives a really beautiful background and looks fabulous with the black silhouette on top thanks for sharing this technique love it x Natalie Arnold

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Natalie! Thank you!! This technique is so much fun! I hope you'll give it a try!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card, love the colours you have used for the fun technique background, works so well faith the silhouette bullrushes, many thanks for sharing. Good luck with the voting.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous card, Kim! I love this technique too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks very much, Lori! And thanks for teaching us this technique!

      Delete

Waves of Inspiration/Oceanfront Fun-Fold Thank You Card

I like this type of fun-fold card--it's unique! Hello, and welcome to my blog! Thanks for stopping by! First of all , this card is not a...