Monday, March 7, 2022

Waves of the Ocean Thank You Card

 

Hello!! Thanks very much for stopping by! It's time for Kylie Bertucci's March International Blog Highlights contest! I hope that you like my card, and will vote for mePlease click on the button below to go to Kylie's blog, and vote by clicking on the top right corner of the thumbnail of my card (#2), until you see the heart turn red. Thank you so much for your support!!


We have a brand-new suite called Waves of the Ocean, and it is gorgeous!! I love creating with these products--the results are stunning!! Although the Waves of Inspiration stamp set and the Waves dies will be in our upcoming Annual Catalogue, the Waves of the Ocean Designer Series Paper (DSP), Blue Foils Specialty Paper, and Rhinestone Waves Basic Jewels are available only while supplies last. I really don't foresee them lasting long! So, if you love these products as much as I do, don't wait to order them! If you live in Canada and don't have a demonstrator, I'd love to be your Stampin' Up! demonstrator!


I had fun making this Z-fold card! I layered the wave die cuts, glued them to a piece of DSP, and then fussy cut the wave. I stamped the pelican in Smoky Slate, then coloured it and the pilings using Stampin' Blends. I used Post-it notes to mask the pelican, cover the sky and make a hill of sand, which I coloured with Crumb Cake and Sahara Sand using a Blending Brush, adding some texture with a stamp from Oceanfront. The sky was also inked with Blending Brushes. Full directions are below.

I masked the sand, pelican, and sun before applying ink
to the sky with Blending Brushes. (Step #4)

Thanks so much for stopping by--and for voting!!! If you like my card, please click here--then remember to click on the top right corner of the thumbnail of my card (#2) until the heart turns red--that way you know that your vote is registered:


  1. Cut the following layers:
    • Coastal Cabana cardstock: 11" x 4-1/4"--scored at 2-3/4” and 5-1/2"; 2-1/2" x 3/4"
    • Pacific Point cardstock: 10-3/4" x 4"--scored at 2-5/8" and 5-3/8"; 2-1/2" x 1/4"
    • Shimmery White cardstock: 10-1/2" x 3-3/4"
    • Waves of the Ocean Designer Series Paper (DSP): 5-1/4" x 2-3/4"
    • Blue Foils (Coastal Cabana): 5-1/4" x 2-3/4"--die cut with Wave die
    • Supple Shimmer Specialty Paper (Pool Party iridescent): 5-1/4" x 2-3/4"--die cut with Wave die
    • Basic White cardstock: 5-1/4" x 4" (for back)
  2. Stamp the pelican in Smoky Slate. Colour the pilings with Crumb Cake Stampin' Blends, and colour the pelican in Smoky Slate Stampin' Blends. 
  3. Cut a Post-it note to cover the sky and form the sandbank, and to mask the pilings and pelican (stamp on the Post-it note, and then cut out the shape). Apply ink to Shimmery White piece (Crumb Cake at top, then Sahara Sand) with a Blending Brush, and then stamp some texture (from Oceanfront) in Sahara Sand. Stamp the grasses in Mossy Meadow and Old Olive.
  4. Remove the sky Post-it notes (keep the pelican/pilings note attached) and cover the sand with "negative" of the sky Post-it notes. Cut a 1" circle (sun) from a Post-it note, and add to sky. Use Blending Brush to apply ink (Daffodil Delight, Pale Papaya, Fresh Freesia, Pool Party, Balmy Blue, and Pacific Point) in overlapping circles around the sun, filling in all of the sky (except pelican and pilings, which should be masked). Stamp "You're so totally awesome" sentiment 5-7/8" from left edge in Pacific Point and birds (from On the Horizon and Waves of Inspiration) in Basic Grey. Add another Post-it note, covering the sky, at the water line. Apply Coastal Cabana ink to water with Blending Brush, and then stamp with wave stamp in second generation (stamped-off) Pacific Point. Remove note from sun, and apply a small amount of Daffodil Delight ink to the white circle.
  5. Stamp "Thanks" sentiment in Pacific Point on Coastal Cabana strip, die cut with label die. Thread 1/4" strip of Pacific Point through hole, cut banner edge, and adhere to label. Cut left edge of label, and add to card front with Dimensionals.
  6. Adhere the wave die cuts to the DSP. Fussy cut the wave. Score only the bottom part of the wave 2-1/2" from the left edge. Score the Shimmery White at 2-1/2" and 5-1/4". Adhere to the to card front, being sure NOT to adhere the top of the wave to the Shimmery White. Adhere layers together, and gently burnish folds.
  7. Add three Rhinestones Waves Basic Jewels.
  8. Adhere Basic White cardstock to back of card for hand-written sentiment. 


If you live in Canada ๐Ÿ‡จ๐Ÿ‡ฆ and do not have a Stampin' Up! demonstrator, I would love to be your demonstrator! Shop here! ๐Ÿ˜Š


Thank you very much for visiting my blog,
and for your support!! ๐Ÿ˜Š



Product List

24 comments:

  1. Totally love this card Kim! The fold, the wave, the pelican...it's all so special. Thanks for being part of my International Blog Highlights this month and all the best with voting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awwww, thanks very much, Kylie! It was a really fun card to make!

      Delete
  2. Your card is stunning, Kim! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. Alison, that is so sweet of you! Thank you!!

      Delete
  4. Awesome card Kim! Thank so very much for sharing the card details! Your creativity always inspires me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, Lesley! Thank you so much for your kind comments!!

      Delete
  5. Such a terrific card! I love all the blending you did for the scene!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Theresa!! I love using our Blending Brushes--it's so easy to create something that I'm proud of! ๐Ÿ˜Š

      Delete
  6. Replies
    1. Thanks very much, Sheila!! And thanks for voting!!

      Delete
  7. Love, love, love your card! I see we were thinking somewhat alike.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awwww, thanks so much, Robbie! Yes, we were! I love your card, too!!

      Delete
  8. Replies
    1. Thanks very much for your kind comment, Kathi!

      Delete
  9. Just an amazing card, your blending is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, for stopping by, Rebecca, and for your lovely comment!

      Delete
  10. Wow! That card is amazing! Such talent!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I saw this posted on Pinterest and had to get a closer look. It’s lovely. I especially like the top of the wave extending past the fold-wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thanks so much, Beth!! And thanks for visiting my blog!

      Delete
  12. Kim, I just LOVE what you did with this card! I've perused other work on your blog and you are an artisan in my opinion! Love your style ๐Ÿ˜
    Tried to subscribe to your blog but I never got a confirmation email. But I will keep on looking you up to see your beautiful work. ๐Ÿ˜Š

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, my goodness, Genie!! You have TOTALLY made my day! Thank you so much for the lovely comments!! Yes, you are indeed subscribed to my blog post notifications. ๐Ÿ˜Š Thanks for visiting!!

      Delete

Waves of Inspiration/Oceanfront Fun-Fold Thank You Card

I like this type of fun-fold card--it's unique! Hello, and welcome to my blog! Thanks for stopping by! First of all , this card is not a...