Monday, September 14, 2020

Watercolour Many Layered Blossoms Card


I love the Many Layered Blossoms dies, but this is the first time I have used it. I'm really happy with how the card turned out! As a bonus, this card is actually very quick to make!

I started out with a piece of Shimmery White cardstock, and spritzed both sides of it with water (two or three sprays on the back to prevent curling, and a bunch on the front). This time I used about two ink refill drops each of Balmy Blue, Bermuda Bay, Pacific Point, and Highland Heather in separate sections of a mini paint pallete. I like to stick to an array of similar colours, so that I don't end up with a lovely brown sludge look. 


Starting with the lightest colour, I dipped the Water Painter into the ink, and added it to the wet paper, and letting it blend and go where it wants. I did this several times with each colour, all over the paper, until the paper was completely covered, adding more water if needed. I blotted any puddles of water gently with paper towel, and allowed it to dry. It's really important that the watercolour background is very dry--you can use a heat tool to speed up the process. Here's a helpful hint: I keep turning the paper over, and using the heat tool on both sides. When the paper doesn't curl very much, it's usually dry.


Once the Shimmery White piece was dry, I decided what colour of cardstock to use for the diecut--I liked the look of Blackberry Bliss. I used a mat of the same colour and mounted the Shimmery White piece to it. Adding a piece of our Adhesive Sheets to the back of the cardstock before die cutting made attaching the beautiful blossoms cut-out an absolute breeze!! Plus, I find it really easy to remove the diecut when it has adhesive on the back--I just pull the flower outline up from the backing and adhere it to the dried watercolour background. A little of the flowers will extend over the background piece. 

I glued the card front to a Pacific Point base. The sentiment is from Itty Bitty Greetings, which is one of my favourite sets, because it has greeting for all occasions! This was stamped with Versamark, and then heat embossed with white embossing powder. Another favourite, Stitched So Sweetly dies, was used to cut the sentiment tag, and then I adhered it to the card with Dimensionals. 


My sister gave me the idea of using a hole punch on each colour of cardstock and gluing it to the ink refill lid (use a glue dot). She also does this on the caps of her Stampin' Blends. Brilliant, hey?? 

Thank you so much for checking out my blog! I'd love it if you would leave a comment, and then be sure to check out all the amazing cards made by my fellow demonstrators from all around the world!

Product List


24 comments:

  1. Wonderful technique Kim. Turned out beautifully. Thank you for taking part in our Demonstrator Training Blog Hop this month.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kylie, thank YOU so much for hosting the blog! This is lots of fun, and really stretching my creativity!

      Delete
  2. gorgeous Kim! you've really found your niche!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks very much, Gill! This technique is so much fun!

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Thank you Shanda! This is a technique I learned from Lori in our team meeting!

      Delete
  4. Love your background! I look forward to seeing beautiful creations like this with every post! Thanks for the tutorial, too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great card and technique - thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Ginny! This is a quick and easy technique, and works really well with this die.

      Delete
  6. Beautiful card. Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete

Waves of Inspiration/Oceanfront Fun-Fold Thank You Card

I like this type of fun-fold card--it's unique! Hello, and welcome to my blog! Thanks for stopping by! First of all , this card is not a...