Monday, April 5, 2021

Dragonfly Garden/Brilliant Wings Thank You Card

Update: Thank you to all of you who voted for my card--it was voted #9, so I will be participating in the Top Ten International Highlights Winners Blog Hop that takes place Monday, April 26th. Yay!!!

Hello, and thank you for visiting my blog! It is time for Kylie Bertucci's April Monthly International Blog Highlights contest, and I would like to ask for your vote, please! If you like my card, please click on the button below to go to Kylie's blog, and vote for me by clicking on the top right corner of the thumbnail of my card (#5), until you see the heart turn red. Thank you for your support!!


My card this month features the Dragonfly Garden stamp set and the gorgeous Brilliant Wings Dies. I thought that these two sets went well together, especially when I could use our Blending Brushes to create a sky background. I started with a 3-7/8" x 5-1/8" piece of Shimmery White Cardstock. I tore a Post-It Note and attached it over the bottom of the card (this would later become the grass), and used the smallest Layering Circles die to cut another Post-It Note as a sun. Starting at the bottom and working upwards, I used the Blending Brushes to add colours--Blushing Bride, Rococo Rose, Highland Heather, Balmy Blue, and ended with Pacific Point at the top. I removed the circle Post-It note, and went over it with a bit of Balmy Blue, so it wasn't a stark white colour. 


I removed the Post-It note from the bottom, and coloured the grass with some Old Olive and a Blending Brush. Then I stamped the flower image from Dragonfly Garden with Memento, and filled in the leaves over the sky with a Light Old Olive Stampin' Blends. I added some stamped grass (from High Tide) in Old Olive, and mounted this layer on a 4" x 5-1/4" layer of Pacific Point cardstock. I painted the flowers (and flower centres) with a White Stampin' Chalk Marker, and then coloured the centres with a Daffodil Delight Stampin' Blends.


I wanted to use some Pacific Point ribbon, but we don't carry that, so I cut a 16" length of our Sheer Pool Party ribbon, and coloured it with a Stampin' Blends in Light Night of Navy. This was wrapped around the two layers, and tied into a bow. The sentiment (also from Dragonfly Garden) was stamped in Memento.


The card front was adhered to an 8-1/2" x 5-1/2" (scored at 4-1/4") piece of Highland Heather cardstock. Finally, I added three Rhinestone Basic Jewels and a Pacific Point butterfly cut out with one of our Brilliant Wings dies. I glued only the body part with liquid glue, and folded the wings up a bit.

Thanks so much for stopping by--and for voting!!! If you like my card, please vote for it with the link below--then please remember to click on the top right corner of the thumbnail of my card (#5) until the heart turns red--that way you know that your vote is registered:

Thank you very much for visiting my blog, and for your support!! ๐Ÿ˜Š

❤️ Kim

Product List

20 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card, Kim! I love your blending!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have an AMAZING mentor!! �� Thanks VERY much, Lori!!

      Delete
  2. Wow!! So stunning Kim! Love your creativity. Thanks for being part of my international highlights this month! All the best with the voting. ❤️ ❤️ ❤️

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks very much, Kylie! I love being part of your International Highlights blog!!

      Delete
  3. So very beautiful Kim, very artistic! Thank you for sharing your instructions ๐Ÿ™‚

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your kind comment, Lesley! And you're very welcome!

      Delete
  4. Voted for your card. #1 in my book for this time around. Well done

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love that blended background! It's a gorgeous little scene.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks very much, Karen! The Blending Brushes are so fun and easy to work with!

      Delete
  6. Wow, a gorgeous card, so beautifully coloured! Good luck with the voting.
    Liane from Germany

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your lovely comment, Liane! And thanks for voting for me! Good luck to you, as well!

      Delete
  7. I too like your lovely card very much.
    Gorgeous blending

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very pretty card. I love what you've done with the flowers! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Kim!! It was a last-minute decision to fix them, after I realized I should have masked them. ��

      Delete
  9. Such a lovely card! I love the scenery you created!
    Good luck with the voting, Simone from Germany

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Simone! Good luck to you, as well!

      Delete

Thoughtful Expressions & Stampin' Write Markers--Coast to Coast Creators March Blog Hop

    Welcome to our March Coast to Coast Creators Blog Hop! This month we are highlighting our newest Online Exclusive products, as well as o...