Thursday, October 14, 2021

Sweet Little Stockings Fun-Fold Card

 

Welcome to our October edition of the West Coast Creators Blog Hop!! This month we are featuring fun-fold cards! This type of card is always a little bit different from your typical card, and people love to receive them! I made a double-box card recently (check out my October 6 blog entry to see my original double-box Sailing Home masculine card), which was inspired by a lovely floral card that Australia's Gail Ellis made. Someone commented that it was a cool twist to have turned the card sideways. Hmmmm... so I guess my card for this blog post is turning the card back to its "normal" orientation. So, this is a two-for-one fun-fold card!! How awesome is that??


This double-box card is also kind of cool because, even though it has lots of dimension, it folds flat to fit in a regular card-sized envelope. 


Once I had the upper and lower box portions made, and some Sweet Stockings Designer Series paper (DSP) "wallpaper" adhered to the background, I took a 3-3/8" x 3-5/8" piece of Basic White cardstock, embossed it with the Brick & Mortar embossing folder, and attached it to the card front. Two stockings from the Sweet Stockings DSP were cut with the Stockings Dies, and added to the bricks. I cut a Basic Black piece with one of the Stitched So Sweetly Dies, then trimmed it straight across at the bottom and adhered it to the bottom of the embossed white piece. I made a fire by using the seaweed die from Smooth Sailing Dies to cut several pieces of Mango Melody, Pumpkin Pie, and Copper Foil to resemble flames, painted the Mango Melody and Pumpkin Pie pieces with Wink of Stella, and glued the flames to the black piece.


I made a mantle with a 3-3/4" x 1-5/8" piece of wood paper from In Good Taste DSP, which I scored along the short side at 1/8", 1/4", and 1/2", and folded it so that the mantle was slightly over the edge of the bricks, and adhered it to the bricks and DSP wallpaper.


The greeting was stamped with Cherry Cobbler, the ends of the sentiment strip were cut into a banner shape, and then it was adhered to the background. I added three Decorative Matte Dots to the sentiment.

Thanks for visiting my blog! If you have a moment, please leave a comment below. Then be sure to hop to each of my talented teammates' blogs to see their beautiful fun-fold cards!

❤️ Kim


You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter

Product List

10 comments:

  1. OMG - so clever!! the fireplace, the flames, the mantle... I LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww, what a nice thing to say, Gillian! Thank you so much!!

      Delete
  2. I LOVE this fold! The whole fireplace idea with this stamp set is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks very much, Leah! I am happy with how it turned out! 😊

      Delete
  3. I love your card! The mantle and the fireplace are awesome! It is a great fold but how you made it into a fireplace is genius!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, thank you for your kind comment, Shanda! 😊

      Delete
  4. So creative! The use of the Seaweed dies for flames! The whole mantle idea!! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Marika!! It's funny, I was looking at a Sailing Home card, and when I saw the seaweed, I thought, "I can use that for my fireplace!." 😂

      Delete

Waves of Inspiration/Oceanfront Fun-Fold Thank You Card

I like this type of fun-fold card--it's unique! Hello, and welcome to my blog! Thanks for stopping by! First of all , this card is not a...