Monday, July 3, 2023

Seaside Bay Thank You Card with Embossed Splats

  

Hello, and welcome! I've entered this card in Kylie Bertucci's July International Blog Highlights contest! This is a double-embossed fun-fold card! I hope you like it--and, if you do, I'd be very grateful if you would vote for me, pleasePlease click on the button below to go to Kylie's blog, and vote by clicking on the top right corner of the thumbnail of my card (#8), until you see the heart turn redThank you so much for your support!!

This card is very similar to a fun-fold card I made a while back. But this time, I wanted to make a shiny, wet-looking background.  
 
Unfortunately, this photo doesn't show how shiny this background is.

I started with the Stripes & Splatters Embossing Folders, choosing the Splatters one. I dry embossed the Night of Navy Cardstock layer, and then clear heat-embossed it. It made the navy much darker, and it really does look wet! I hope that you'll vote for my card, and then check out my brand-new YouTube channel--the link is below.


Thanks very much for stopping by--and for voting!!! If you like my card, please vote here--then remember to click on the top right corner of the thumbnail of my card (#8) until the heart turns red--that way you know that your vote is registered:

16 comments:

  1. Love the levels of embossing. Great card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card! I love that embossing folder!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks very much, Robbie! It's a fun embossing folder for sure!

      Delete
  3. Love the effect of the heat embossing on the embossed background. Super card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card, love the embossed background and the colour combos.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The embossed background is a winner! Thanks Kim for being part of my International Blog Highlights this month and all the best with voting!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great idea to double emboss the background!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I saw your comment on my blog. Thank you so much, Kim! I’m thrilled to finally earn first place! Such an honor!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You totally deserve it, Robbie!! Congratulations again!!

      Delete

Country Flowers Online MEGA Stamp Camp

  Country Flowers Online MEGA Stamp Camp Register Now!   Are you ready for another MEGA weekend stamp camp online with 10 AWESOME projects? ...