Monday, July 5, 2021

Campology Thank You Card

Hello, and thank you for visiting my blog! I am participating in Kylie Bertucci's July International Highlights contest. If you like my card, I hope that you will vote for itPlease click on the button below to go to Kylie's blog, and vote for me by clicking on the top right corner of the thumbnail of my card (#6), until you see the heart turn red. Thank you for your support! Voting usually closes in a week (Monday, July 12).


Alcohol ink cards seem to be all the rage now. I have to admit, they are one of my new favourites to make—the technique is quite easy, quick to do, and very cool! I hope you agree!

To do this technique, I started with a 2-3/4” x 4-1/8” piece of Vellum Cardstock. I scribbled all over it (filling in most of the space) with the dark shades of Stampin’ Blends in Highland Heather, Balmy Blue, Misty Moonlight, and Night of Navy.

Then I used a Water Painter and first dabbed gently all over the vellum with 99% alcohol, and then flicked the wet Water Painter over the vellum to make spots (the second step is optional). After this was completely dry, I stamped the trees from Campology with Memento, and then used tiny rectangles of Seal+ to adhere the vellum to a 3” x 4-5/16” Fresh Freesia rectangle (cut with our Stitched Rectangles Dies), and then to a Basic Black cardstock mat cut with our Scalloped Contours Dies (I love this die set!). The card front was glued to an 8-1/2” x 5-1/2” (scored at 4-1/4”) Highland Heather card base, and I added a Fresh Freesia sentiment strip and three Rhinestone Basic Jewels to finish the card.
 

I made a few versions of this card using different colours of card bases—Fresh Freesia above, and Gorgeous Grape and Balmy Blue below. Which is your favourite?


Thanks so much for stopping by--and for voting!!! If you like my card, please click on the link below--then please remember to vote by clicking on the top right corner of the thumbnail of my card (#6) until the heart turns red--that way you know that your vote is registered:

Thank you very much for visiting my blog, and for your support!! ๐Ÿ˜Š

❤️ Kim




Product List

6 comments:

  1. I love the technique you used for the background Kim! Three awesome cards. Thanks for bein g part of my Inernational Blog Highlights this month and all the best with voting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Kylie! I love participating in your International Highlights competition!!

      Delete
  2. Such a neat technique eh! ๐Ÿ™‚
    Love this colour variation, makes me think of a gorgeous Canadian sunset in the north. ๐Ÿ˜‰ from your fellow Canadian demo.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks very much, Leslie! As you can tell, I like the colours,too! And definitely right about the sunsets!

      Delete
  3. Lovely colours and techniques, beautiful card! Ann Alexander

    ReplyDelete

Country Flowers Online MEGA Stamp Camp

  Country Flowers Online MEGA Stamp Camp Register Now!   Are you ready for another MEGA weekend stamp camp online with 10 AWESOME projects? ...