Monday, June 14, 2021

Inspired Thoughts Masculine Card

 

Thanks for stopping by, and welcome to our June West Coast Creators Blog Hop!! This month we are featuring masculine cards. These will be great for Father's Day, for birthdays, or "just because".  


My card is a variation on a card I made in May for our West Coast Creators new Annual Catalogue swap. This time, I used a centre-step fun-fold technique that I learned in Ange McKay's Technique Club. You can see the previous fun-fold card I designed (another masculine card) here


I chose to use our Inspired Thoughts bundle. I started with a piece of 3-7/8" x 4-3/8" of Shimmery White Cardstock, and added colour with our Blending Brushes--Highland Heather, Balmy Blue, and Pacific Point. I then cut a 7/8" strip from the right edge and the left edge. I stamped some of the flowers from Dragonfly Garden in Mossy Meadow on the right strip, and grass from Friends are Like Seashells, stamped in Old Olive, on the left strip. I stamped the birds (from Sailing Home) with Basic Gray--one on the left panel, and two on the right panel. 


I cut the trees from Evening Evergreen cardstock with the Inspiring Canopy Dies. I used adhesive sheets on the back, which made it quick and easy to adhere to the background. I added an embossed (with the Tasteful Textile Embossing Folder) curved strip of Soft Succulent grass to the bottom of all three pieces, tied a bow with Linen Thread around the centre piece, and then adhered them to the three panels of the centre-step Evening Evergreen card base. The sentiment (from the Inspired Thoughts stamp set) was stamped on a 4-1/8" x 7/8" strip of Shimmery White cardstock in Evening Evergreen.


Thanks for visiting my blog! If you have a moment, please leave a comment below. Then be sure to hop to each of my talented teammates' blogs to see their beautiful creations!

❤️ Kim


You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter
Product List

Thank you so much for leaving a comment! I'd love to hear from you!

6 comments:

  1. That is a nifty fold and the way you used your blending brushes to create the background is so lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. that's so beautiful Kim!! might be too pretty for a masculine card!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Gill. But it's not pretty, it's "handsome". 😉

      Delete

Waves of Inspiration/Oceanfront Fun-Fold Thank You Card

I like this type of fun-fold card--it's unique! Hello, and welcome to my blog! Thanks for stopping by! First of all , this card is not a...