Monday, May 24, 2021

Alcohol Ink Brilliant Wings Thank You Card

 

Thank you for visiting my blog! And thanks to those of you voted, placing my card #1 in Kylie Bertucci's May International Blog Highlights!! Woohoo! I am pretty excited about that!! I now get to participate in Kylie's Top Ten Winners Hop again. It is such an honour to be part of a group of amazingly talented designers from all over the world. If you haven't seen my "Top Ten" card, it is posted at the bottom of this blog entry.



This time, I decided to give the Stampin' Blends alcohol ink technique a try. I've admired so many cards made with this method. My card was really quick and easy to make. I started with a 4" x 5-1/4" piece our our Vellum Cardstock. I used our Stampin' Blends and scribbled blotches of Highland Heather, Magenta Madness, and Misty Moonlight so that most of the vellum was coloured (with some spaces between). I poured a bit of 99% alcohol into a small dish and used the widest Water Painter to add dabs of alcohol to the paper, which caused the inks to blend. Then I flicked the Water Painter to add small drops of alcohol, which gave a cool marbling effect to the background. The vellum piece needs to dry thoroughly before the next step.


Once the vellum was dry, I adhered it to an 8-1/2" x 5-1/2" (scored at 4-1/4") Highland Heather card base with tiny pieces of Seal+ (which don't show through the vellum). It's quite amazing how different the look is, depending on the colour of the cardstock below the vellum! The sentiment was stamped onto Basic White cardstock with Misty Moonlight, and then cut with a Tasteful Labels die. The larger Misty Moonlight label was cut with another die from the same set. The white label was glued to the Misty Moonlight label, a 6" folded piece of 3/8" Gorgeous Grape Sheer Ribbon was added to the back with Mini Glue Dots, and the finished label was adhered to the card front with Dimensionals. I die cut a butterfly from Gorgeous Grape cardstock with our Brilliant Wings dies, glued just the body to the card, and added three Rhinestone Basic Jewels to complete the card.


Here is my card that was voted #1 in Kylie's International Highlights Blog. 


Thanks for taking the time to visit my blog--I'd love to hear from you! If you have a moment, please leave a comment below. Then be sure to hop to all of the Top Ten Winners' blogs! You'll see some amazing creations!

❤️ Kim




Product List
Highland Heather Stampin' Blends Markers Combo Pack
Highland Heather Stampin' Blends Markers Combo Pack
[147276]

Thank you very much for leaving a comment!!

20 comments:

  1. Really love the backgrounds on both cards - gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this technique it looks amazing, I have never tried this before I may just have too do so!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Rebecca! It's a really easy, beautiful technique! You'll love it! The trick is to use 99% alcohol, as the lower % doesn't work as well.

      Delete
  3. Beautiful card! I love this technique!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Melva! I love the technique, too! It's fun!

      Delete
  4. Such a pretty card, Kim! I love this technique, too! So much fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for teaching me this technique, Lori! Yes, I love the technique, too!!

      Delete
  5. Wow! What a gorgeous background! I can't wait to try this technique!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the kind comment, Julie! You'll have to try it--it's really fun, and you get a different effect every time!

      Delete
  6. Kim! That is a gorgeous background! Wow! Such a wonderful card!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love what you did with the background,beautiful card! Ann

    ReplyDelete
  8. This technique looks stunning Kim! Congrats on making it to the Top Ten Blog Hop this month!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks very much, Kylie!! I love participating in your International Highlights Blog!!

      Delete

Thoughtful Expressions & Stampin' Write Markers--Coast to Coast Creators March Blog Hop

    Welcome to our March Coast to Coast Creators Blog Hop! This month we are highlighting our newest Online Exclusive products, as well as o...