Monday, March 29, 2021

Hydrangea Hill Mercury Glass Thank You Card

Thank you for visiting my blog! I am really excited to be participating in Kylie Bertucci's Top Ten Winners Hop, and am honoured to once again be in a group with some very talented designers from all over the world. Thanks to your votes, my card came in #2!!  In case you haven't seen it, I have posted it at the bottom of this blog entry.

This was a quick and easy card to make! I started with an 8-1/2" x 5-1/2" Rococo Rose card base, scored at 4-1/4". I added a 4" x 5-1/4" layer of Rococo Rose which had been embossed with our Painted Texture 3D embossing folder, and adhered it with Seal. A piece of Rococo Rose Hydrangea Hill Mercury Glass Designer Acetate was cut with the largest Stitched So Sweetly scalloped rectangle die, and adhered it to the Rococo Rose layer with Seal+ (this doesn't show through the acetate). I cut a 1/2” slit in the fold of the card with my paper trimmer, inserted a 16" piece of Whisper White Polka Dot Tulle ribbon through the slit, and tied it into a bow at the right side.


The sentiment (from the Simply Succulents stamp set) was stamped in Rococo Rose, and then diecut with one of the Potted Succulents stitched label dies (I love the dies in this set!) and popped up with Dimensionals. Three Basic Rhinestone gems give the card a bit of bling.


The beautiful butterfly is die cut from our Butterfly Bijou Designer Series Paper. This, sadly, has sold out--but don't worry, you can stamp and die cut these with the bundle! It was attached with liquid glue (on the body only), so that the wings could lift up from the paper.

An easy-peasy card, right?

Here is my card that was voted #2 in Kylie Bertucci's International Highlights Blog Contest (this card uses the large background die from our Potted Succulents dies):


Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog. If you have a moment, please leave a comment below. Then be sure to hop to the next Top Ten Winner’s blog! You'll see some amazing creations!

❤️ Kim


Product List




14 comments:

  1. I love butterflies and your combination with the acrylic is stunning!
    Congrats to making it to the top ten again!
    Greetings from Germany, Simone

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely details Kim! Congrats on making it to the top ten blog hop this month!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Kylie! I love participating in your blog!

      Delete
  3. Very pretty, Kim! That ribbon adds a special touch!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the way you used the Mercury glass. Very stunning.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Robbie! I really like the mercury glass!

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. Thanks, Melva! Congratulations to you, as well!!

      Delete
  6. Beautiful! I love every detail! I never would have thought to use the embossing folder and acetate together.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks very much, Julie! Funny thing—I wouldn't have either! I originally did the card without embossing the mat, and it looked naked, so I tried embossing the layer, and I thought it looked better. ��

      Delete

Waves of Inspiration/Oceanfront Fun-Fold Thank You Card

I like this type of fun-fold card--it's unique! Hello, and welcome to my blog! Thanks for stopping by! First of all , this card is not a...