Saturday, November 14, 2020

Dandy Garden Suite/Curvy Dies Card


Welcome to the West Coast Creators Blog Hop! Last week, I was part of Stampin' Up!'s virtual OnStage at Home event. This is where demonstrators from around the world get a sneak peek of our new January - June Mini Catalogue (which goes live to customers in January). We saw presentations showcasing many of the new products. We also got to pre-order several of the items from a new suite--the Dandy Garden Suite--and make several cards with them. I decided to play some more with my new goodies, and I made this card using them.

The beautiful Dandy Garden Designer Series Paper (DSP) was cut with one of the Curvy Dies (this is another set you won't want to miss!). I cut some silver foil to match the curve of the DSP, and glued it just below the paper, so you could see the eyelet border, as well as the silver through the holes of the DSP layer. 


I adhered the silver/DSP layer to a piece of Misty Moonlight cardstock that was first embossed with the Tasteful Textile 3D embossing folder. Then I added a piece of our Metallic Mesh Ribbon (by wrapping it around and taping on the back), and glued this layer to a Night of Navy card base. The sentiment (from Dragonfly Garden) was stamped in Misty Moonlight on Whisper White cardstock, then die cut with the second smallest Stitched Shape circle. The dragonflies on the tag are "third-generation", stamped in Misty Moonlight. This is a term I learned at OnStage--generational stamping (also called "stamping off") means stamping on a scrap paper (this time twice) before stamping on the cardstock. The tag was added with Dimensionals.


For the dragonfly, I used a Stamparatus, and inked just the body with a Stampin' Write black marker and stamped it on vellum. I dried the black ink with a heat gun, and then stamped the whole dragonfly with Versamark, and added silver embossing powder. Before using the heat gun, I brushed away most of the silver embossing powder from the body. I cut the dragonfly with the Dragonflies Punch, added a few of the tiny rectangles of Seal+ (which doesn't show through the vellum!) behind the body, adhered it to the card front, and curled up the wings. I finished off the card with three Rhinestone Basic Jewels. 

I used three of the products from the Dandy Garden Suite in this card (Dragonfly Garden stamp set, Dragonflies Punch, and Dandy Garden DSP). There are more coordinating products--the Garden Wishes stamp set, Dandy Wishes Dies, Dandy Laser-Cut Paper, Dandy Garden Memories & More Card Pack, Dandy Garden Memories & More Cards & Envelopes, Mossy Meadow Braided Linen Trim, and the cutest Ladybug Trinkets!!! These products are available to demonstrators in December, and to customers in January.

Be sure to check out the rest of the blog! We have some very talented designers, and you won't want to miss their cards!

You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter
Product List

8 comments:

  1. What a beautiful card! I love the silver/blue colour combo!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks very much, Lori! I like these colours together, too!

      Delete
  2. Gorgeous card Kim! Thanks for all the details of how you did the dragonfly! I am going to try that - and it is great to know the Seal + will not show behind the vellum.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Shanda! It was actually Lori that discovered that about the Seal. It's a bit finicky to get the small rectangles of Seal--but I found if I press the vellum on one of the tiny pieces on the roll it worked well!

      Delete
  3. You're so lucky to be playing with the new stuff so soon! So much to look forward to. Lovely card!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Liv! I am lucky! OnStage was a lot of fun--there are a LOT of awesome new products coming out!

      Delete
  4. love it! so many of my favourite things on this card!

    ReplyDelete

Waves of Inspiration/Oceanfront Fun-Fold Thank You Card

I like this type of fun-fold card--it's unique! Hello, and welcome to my blog! Thanks for stopping by! First of all , this card is not a...