Monday, November 23, 2020

Kylie’s Winners Hop - Quite Curvy and Dandy Garden

 

Thank you so much for voting for my card in Kylie Bertucci's November International Blog Highlights--my card came in fifth!! I now have the honour of participating in the Top Ten Winners Hop, along with talented designers from all around the world!



I made two similar cards inspired by one I recently designed for our West Coast Creators Blog Hop. You'll have to let me know which one you prefer, if you have a moment to comment below. They both use our new Quite Curvy Dies, as well as some Dandy Garden Designer Series Paper (DSP), which will be available in our new January to June mini catalogue. I participated in Stampin' Up!'s OnStage at Home virtual convention, where demonstrators got a sneak peek of the upcoming catalogue, and we got to preorder several items from the Dandy Garden Suite. You will love all of the products in the new catalogue!

The dandelion DSP is one of my favourites from the package! I used the Quite Curvy Die to cut a 5-1/4" x 2-1/4" piece of DSP, and then cut a matching curve of silver foil (5-1/4" x 1-1/2"), making sure it was wide enough to show through the holes of the dandelion paper. I glued these together with Seal, and trimmed any extra from the sides. A 5-1/4" x 4" piece of Misty Moonlight cardstock was embossed with our Tasteful Textile 3D embossing folder, and the DSP/silver foil was adhered to it with Seal. I wrapped a 5" length of Metallic Mesh Ribbon around the left side of the Misty Moonlight layer, taped it to the back, and then glued the card front to a Night of Navy card base.


The dragonfly is from another piece of the DSP, and was punched out with the Dragonflies Punch (another part of the new suite--it cuts this size of dragonfly (which is also in the coordinating stamp set), as well as a smaller one (which is also in the stamp set and on the DSP). I glued the body of the dragonfly to the card front with liquid glue, and I popped up the wings with Mini Dimensionals. 


The sentiment (from Love of Leaves) was stamped in Misty Moonlight, cut out with the smallest oval from the Stitched Shapes Dies, glued to a Misty Moonlight mat cut with the smallest of the scalloped Layering Ovals Dies, and then added to the card with Mini Dimensionals. Three Basic Rhinestone Jewels finish off the card.


The Dandy Garden dragonfly paper also has Calypso Coral (Blackberry Bliss, and Mossy Meadow) dragonflies, so I punched out one of those, and made another similar card. I added a narrow Calypso Coral mat to this one. The sentiment (from Beauty Abounds) was stamped in Misty Moonlight, cut out with the smallest circle from the Stitched Shapes Dies, and glued to a silver foil mat cut with the second smallest of the scalloped Layering Circles Dies. I added the tag to the card with Mini Dimensionals. 


Below is my recent West Coast Creators blog hop card--the one that inspired these two cards.  You'll note it's very similar, but for this card I heat embossed the stamped dragonfly image with black and silver on vellum cardstock and then punched it out with the Dragonflies Punch. See my October 14 blog entry for more details.


Thank you so much for visiting my blog!! I hope you'll leave a comment before you check out the amazing cards in the Top Ten Winners Hop. And I hope you'll visit again soon!




14 comments:

  1. I love your interpretation of the dragonfly!
    Thanks for hopping together!
    Greetings from Germany!
    Simone

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Simone! Thanks for your lovely comment! I'm glad we're hopping together! Greetings from Canada!

      Delete
  2. Lovely card...I love the the Moonlight Madness images in this DSP

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Michele! Yes, the Misty Moonlight is a favourite of mine, too!

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Lori! I think this suite is going to be used a lot at my place!

      Delete
  4. Wow! Love these cards Kim. Congrats on making it to the Top Ten Blog Hop this month!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your kind comment Kylie!! And thank YOU so much for hosting the International Blog Highlights so that we can see everyone's beautiful cards!

      Delete
  5. So pretty! I love the Misty Moonlight!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks very much, Melva!! I love Misty Moonlight, too!

      Delete
  6. I love the way you combined the curvy dies and the dragonfly punch! Lovely card!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Robbie!! I really love both of those suites!!

      Delete
  7. Love all of them but my favorite is the landscape one that's all blue!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Verna! And thanks for letting me know your choice! I think that one is my favourite, too.

      Delete

Waves of Inspiration/Oceanfront Fun-Fold Thank You Card

I like this type of fun-fold card--it's unique! Hello, and welcome to my blog! Thanks for stopping by! First of all , this card is not a...