Monday, October 26, 2020

Kylie's Winners Hop - Quite Curvy Thank You Card

Hello everyone!! Big thanks go out to all of you who voted for my card, and helped me achieve second place in Kylie Bertucci’s International Highlights. Because of that, I am able to participate in Kylie’s International Highlights Top Ten Winners Hop.

Stampin’ Up! is releasing a special bundle called the Quite Curvy Variety Bundle. It’s AMAZING!! There are four parts—two stamp sets (Quite Curvy and Curvy Christmas), Curvy Dies, and Classic Christmas Designer Series Paper. These will all be available to customers starting November 3! 

The cards in the Winners Hop are thank you cards, so I decided to use a sentiment (“you’re one in a million”) from the Quite Curvy stamp set. I stamped this on a 5-1/4" x 3-1/4" piece of Soft Suede cardstock with Memento black ink, then embossed it with one of the Meadow Moments embossing folders. Next, I positioned two of the Curvy Dies (the leaves and dotted border) and ran it through my Stampin’ Cut & Emboss Machine. The orange layer is actually various colours of ink refill drops (Daffodil Delight, Flirty Flamingo, Mango Melody, and Melon Mambo) added to wet Shimmery White cardstock, which measured 5-1/4" x 3-1/2". Check out one of my recent blog posts (October 5, September 28, 27, or 14) for more details about this method. After the watercolour layer is very dry (using a heat tool speeds the process), I cut it with one more of the Curvy Dies—the flourish curved die, being sure to leave a wide enough border to show through the leaf cut-outs of the Soft Suede layer. 

The So Saffron card base (5-1/2" x 8-1/2", scored at 4-1/4") was embossed with our Tasteful Textile 3D embossing folder. I adhered the Soft Suede layer to the watercolour layer with Seal, and then glued that to the embossed So Saffron layer. The thank you sentiment (from Blossoms in Bloom) was stamped on a 2-3/4" x 1/2" piece of So Saffron using Memento, and added to a 3" x 3/4" strip of Brushed Metallic cardstock, bannering the right edges, which was then popped up with Dimensionals. 

The two leaves were cut with our Stitched Leaves Dies—each leaf is cut and embossed with two dies at the same time. One leaf is cut from the Brushed Metallic cardstock, and the other is cut from the watercoloured Shimmery White cardstock piece. I used the beautiful gold trim from Forever Greenery Trim Combo pack to tie a bow (I love how the ends fray!), which is added to the card with a glue dot. Three Pumpkin Pie Holiday Rhinestones finish off the card.

You’ll definitely want to get these Curvy Celebrations products!!

Thanks for stopping by! I’d love it if you would leave a comment. Please be sure to check out the incredibly Talented Top Ten Winners’ blogs!

14 comments:

  1. Very pretty! I haven't even had a chance to break out my Quite Curvy bundle yet. Thank you for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card with pretty fall colors. I like the way you did the layers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the curves and colours of this card Kim! Congrats on making it to the Top Ten Blog Hop this month!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Kylie! And thank you so much for hosting the blog!

      Delete
  4. Beautiful card, Kim! I just love the Quite Curvy bundle!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Lori! Me too! I think it’s going to become a favourite bundle!

      Delete
  5. I love the colours! They turn out really pretty!
    Thanks for showing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card! Love the colours! Great to hop with you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Melva! It's great to hop with you, as well!!

      Delete
  7. Love how you created the multiple colors on the Shimmer White cardstock. Very pretty

    ReplyDelete

Waves of Inspiration/Oceanfront Fun-Fold Thank You Card

I like this type of fun-fold card--it's unique! Hello, and welcome to my blog! Thanks for stopping by! First of all , this card is not a...