Tuesday, September 15, 2020

West Coast Creators Blog Hop - September 2020

 


This month in our West Coast Creators Blog Hop, we are focusing on Autumn and Halloween, and the Love of Leaves bundle is perfect for fall! The Stitched Leaves Dies are absolutely gorgeous!! Six leaves of various sizes and types can be cut, leaving a stitched "negative space," and each of the leaves can also be embossed. Check out the leaf in my card below!


Our new Plaid Tidings Designer Series Paper showcases several beautiful fall colours. This particular pattern paired well with Early Espresso (the card base), Rich Razzleberry, Cajun Craze, Melon Mambo, and Bumblebee. The leaf is cut from Brushed Metallic cardstock.


Another cool part about the die set is a large die that adds rows of stitching lines to add texture to your card. 

I added some extra details to this card using three border dies--the stitched scalloped Bumblebee one is cut with Stitched Be Mine Dies, the stitched Rich Razzleberry eyelet border (gee--can you tell I love stitched cardstock?) and floral border are both from Ornate Borders Dies. The Cajun Craze layer is embossed with our Tasteful Textile 3D embossing folder--a new favourite! 

My sentiment, from Love of Leaves, was stamped in Cajun Craze, then cut with a Stitched So Sweetly die, and added to the card with Dimensionals. If you've checked out my blog before, you know these aren't my typical colours, but I do like the final product. I hope you agree!

Please be sure to visit my fellow West Coast Creators' blogs below--they are all very talented!!

You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter
Product List

8 comments:

  1. Your colours and design are lovely! I loved the border dies you added! Great idea!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Shanda! I'm don't usually make autumn cards, but the Love of Leaves is such a great set!

      Delete
  2. Kim! I love your colour choices! Thanks for giving me some great ideas for the dies!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Debbie! I usually do blue cards, so this is quite different for me!

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Love of Leaves and Plaid Tidings do have some great colours! Fall colours are so beautiful! And so fun to work with!

      Delete
  4. Kim, I always look forward to your creations! You are soooo talented!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, Liv, what a lovely thing to say!! Thanks VERY much!

      Delete

Waves of Inspiration/Oceanfront Fun-Fold Thank You Card

I like this type of fun-fold card--it's unique! Hello, and welcome to my blog! Thanks for stopping by! First of all , this card is not a...