Friday, April 14, 2023

Forever Fern (and Other Retiring Favourites) Card

    

Welcome to our May Coast to Coast Creators Blog Hop! This month we are showcasing our retiring products! ๐Ÿ˜ข There are a lot of products that I am very sad to see go, and this card features a number of those--our *Forever Fern stamp set, two of my absolute favourite colours--*Bermuda Bay and Pacific Point, *Shimmery White cardstock (which I use all the time), Layering Circles Dies, and Elegant Faceted Gems. These will be replaced with some amazing new products, so though I will miss all of these dearly, I will take solace in that. ๐Ÿ˜‰


When I heard that Stampin' Up! was doing a "colour refresh", I mentioned to my sister that I sure hoped that Bermuda Bay and Pacific Point weren't on the chopping block, because (and you may have noticed this! ๐Ÿ˜‰) I use them all the time! I was not happy to hear that they are being retired! Though I know I'll still use them, I thought I'd give them a proper send-off with this card.

You can see the splatter and text details in this photo.

I used an emboss resist technique for this card. I added some Granny Apple Green to Shimmery White Cardstock with a Blending Brush, then clear heat embossed two different leaves from Forever Fern. Next I repeated the process twice more, with Bermuda Bay and Pacific Point inks--for a total of three layers of ink and heat embossing. Full directions for my card are below. *Unfortunately, since I wrote this blog post, these items have sold out. You can substitute with similar colours/products.



Be sure to check out my teammates' beautiful creations here!


You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter

Full Directions for my Forever Fern Card:
  1. Cut the following layers:
    • Bermuda Bay cardstock: 8-1/2" x 5-1/2", scored at 4-1/4"; 2-1/4" x 2-1/4" (cut with fourth smallest scalloped Layering Circles die)
    • Basic White cardstock: 4" x 5-1/4"; 2" x 2" (stamp sentiment with Bermuda Bay, and then cut with third smallest Layering Circles die)
    • Shimmery White Cardstock: 3-7/8" x 5-1/8"
  2. Burnish the score line on the card base.
  3. Add three areas of Granny Apple Green ink to the Shimmery White Cardstock using a Blending Brush. Wipe with Embossing Buddy, stamp two each of two different Forever Fern stamps with Versamark. Add clear embossing powder, set with Heat Tool, and wipe excess ink from card front with a paper towel (ink will not absorb into the embossing).
  4. Repeat Step 3 twice more--first with Bermuda Bay ink and then Pacific Point ink.
  5. Randomly stamp splatter details with Bermuda Bay, and then use first and second generation Bermuda Bay to stamp the text details.
  6. Add more Bermuda Bay and Pacific Point with a Blending Brush as desired, and wipe with paper towel.
  7. Adhere the sentiment to the scalloped circle, and add to card front with Stampin' Dimensionals.
  8. Add three clear Elegant Faceted Gems to the card front. 
I'd love for you to comment below, if you have a moment. ๐Ÿ˜Š 


Shopping Links for My Forever Fern Card:


Product List

6 comments:

  1. cool technique! I didn't realize we were losing shimmery white as well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Gillian! Yes, I am really sad about that!!!

      Delete
  2. What a delightful card, Kim. It doesn't get better than this!! I am in agreement with Bermuda Bay and Pacific Point. They don't belong on the chopping block. Two of my favs too. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for your kind comments, Beth!! Yes, I will REALLY miss Bermuda Bay, Pacific Point, Mountain Air, and the Shimmery White Cardstock! ๐Ÿ˜ข Thanks for stopping by! You have a great week, too!

      Delete

Country Flowers Online MEGA Stamp Camp

  Country Flowers Online MEGA Stamp Camp Register Now!   Are you ready for another MEGA weekend stamp camp online with 10 AWESOME projects? ...