Monday, April 24, 2023

Mountain Air Thank You Card

 

I have some REALLY exciting news!! πŸ˜Š I have (finally!) started a YouTube channel!! My card above is a revamp of a card I made quite some time ago, which prompted many requests for a video tutorial. I've decided to jump way out of my comfort zone and give it a try! So, this is my first YouTube video! I would be grateful if you would check it out, and subscribe to my YouTube channel, please! This video shows how I made the cool watercolour background, as well as the stamping and assembly of the rest of the card. Soon I plan to make some videos of ocean-themed cards and techniques using Blending Brushes. Please check out my YouTube video here:


Thank you VERY much for voting my card into the Top Ten in Kylie Bertucci's April International Blog Highlights competition!! I am so happy to be considered part of a group of such talented designers from all over the world, and to have been invited to participate in the Top Ten Winners' Hop again! (I am posting my Top Ten card at the bottom of this blog entry, in case you didn't see it.)

We have an amazing new catalogue coming out in May, but that unfortunately means that there are some great items retiring. My card uses some favourite products that I am sad to see go, one of them being our Mountain Air stamp set. 

A close-up of the colour variation achieved with this technique

Products and measurements for my card are below. You may want to order any retiring products you like as soon as possible, because they will no longer be available May 2nd (or sooner, if they sell out). Of course, the watercolour wash technique can be used with any colours that go together, and the scenery can be created with similar stamp sets. Please watch my video and give this card a try! It's quick, easy, fun, and you'll get a different result every time! 😊 The card you see below is the one that I made a long time ago--I used the same technique and colours, but as you can see, it looks quite different.



Below is the card I submitted for this month's contest. Thanks again for voting it into the Top Ten! To see more photos and directions for my Top Ten card below, click here.





If you live in Canada πŸ‡¨πŸ‡¦ and presently don't have a Stampin' Up! demonstrator, I'd love to help you out! Shopping links are below.

Directions for My Mountain Air Thank You Card:
  1. Cut the following layers:
    • Bermuda Bay Cardstock: 5-1/2" x 8-1/2", scored at 4-1/4"
    • Basic Black Cardstock: 5-3/8" x 4-1/8"
    • Shimmery White Cardstock: 5-1/4" x 4"
  2. Spritz water 2-3 times on the back of the Shimmery White Cardstock (to prevent curling), and then on the front so that it is quite wet.
  3. Add small drops of ink refills (Daffodil Delight, Balmy Bay, and Bermuda Bay) with a small paintbrush or Water Painter, as shown in the video, allowing colours to blend and run. Set aside to dry, making sure there are no "puddles" (tip onto a paper towel to eliminate).
  4. Stamp the sentiment with Memento Tuxedo Black.
  5. Stamp the mountains with Gray Granite (I used a Stamparatus).
  6. Add Old Olive ink to the tree portion of the long tree/water stamp, and add Pacific Point to the water with a Stampin' Write Marker. "Huff" on the stamp, and then stamp image at the bottom of the mountains.
  7. Use a Blender Pen on the water to blend the colour.
  8. Use first and second generation stamping with Mossy Meadow for the large trees.
  9. Stamp the mountain tops with Versamark directly over the stamped image (a Stamparatus makes this easy to do). Add white embossing powder only to the mountaintops with a spoon. Brush off any powder on the Mossy Meadow trees; set with a  Heat Tool.
  10. Stamp the birds with Basic Gray (or Gray Granite).
  11. Wrap a 30" length of Linen Thread twice around the Shimmery White Layer, and tie into a bow. Adhere to Basic Black layer, and then to Bermuda Bay card base.

I'd love for you to comment below, if you have a moment. 😊 Then be sure to check out the other Top Ten Winners' cards!!

Product List

15 comments:

  1. Beautiful! Just love the white embossed detail on the tops of the mountains.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning card Kim! It's absolutely gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! This card has you written all over it Kim! Congrats on making it to the Top Ten Blog Hop this month!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a gorgeous card! Just my style.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Robbie, thank you! You and I often like the same styles!

      Delete
  5. Wow this card is amazing, great blending and love the snow capped mountains.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a beautiful watercolor background on a gorgeous card! Congrats on your YouTube channel. I can't wait to check it out! Congrats on Top 10! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Beth!! I hope that you do check it out! 😊

      Delete
  7. Very Nice! So Proud of your step out! I do need to learn how to do videos too! Keep up your great work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheryl, thanks very much! It wasn’t as hard as I thought it would be. 😊

      Delete

Country Flowers Online MEGA Stamp Camp

  Country Flowers Online MEGA Stamp Camp Register Now!   Are you ready for another MEGA weekend stamp camp online with 10 AWESOME projects? ...