Monday, May 3, 2021

Sailing Home Thank You Card

Hello, and thank you for visiting my blog! I have entered my card below into Kylie Bertucci's May International Blog Highlights contest, and I would like to ask for your vote, please! If you like my card, I hope you will click on the button below to go to Kylie's blog, and vote for me by clicking on the top right corner of the thumbnail of my card (#2), until you see the heart turn red. Thank you for your support!!



Well, I seem to have gone from a spree of watercolour wash background cards to a Blending Brush background spree! Our brushes are amazing, and produce such beautiful results!! 

I started with a piece of 3-7/8" x 5-1/8" Shimmery White Cardstock (my go-to for blended and watercolour backgrounds!). I tore a Post-It Note in the shape of a hill, and covered the lower portion of the cardstock--this would later become the sand. I cut another Post-It Note with the smallest Layering Circles die and added it to the sky for the sun. I used Blending Brushes, and added colours to make the sky background. I started with Highland Heather at the bottom, then added Balmy Blue, Bermuda Bay, and Pacific Point--overlapping colours, and getting darker toward the top of the card. Next, I added another Post-It Note at the water line, and then added more colour to the water with Blending Brushes--Bermuda Bay and Pacific Point.


I removed both Post-It Notes, and put the "negative" of the first note over the inked sky and water, and brushed some Crumb Cake ink onto the sand. Some texture was added to the sand using a stamp from Friends are Like Seashells. The lighthouse, from Sailing Home, was stamped in Night of Navy, and then I used a Blender Pen to spread the navy colour over across the lighthouse. 


The sailboat was also stamped in Night of Navy, and then blended with a Blender Pen.


To finish off the card front, I stamped the birds in Night of Navy, and added a large Rhinestone Basic Jewel to the lighthouse. The card base is an 8-1/2" x 5-1/2" piece of Highland Heather, scored at 4-1/4", with a 4-1/16" x 5-5/16" Pacific Point mat. The Pacific Point heat embossed sentiment is from Many Messages, cut with the Messages Dies.

Thanks so much for stopping by--and for voting!!! If you like my card, please vote for it using the link below--then please remember to click on the top right corner of the thumbnail of my card (#2) until the heart turns red--that way you know that your vote is registered:

Thank you very much for visiting my blog, and for your support!! 😊

❤️ Kim


Product List

10 comments:

  1. Beautiful card Kim- love all the colouring so many beautiful colours! A gorgeous card 🙂

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful!
    Stunning background!
    Good luck with the voting!
    Greetings from Germany Simone

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, what a beautiful card, I love your colouring!
    Good luck with the voting!
    Liane from Germany

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful scene you have made with your stamps and your clever blending Kim! It could almost be a photo! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What a nice thing to say, Deb!! Thank you!!

      Delete

Waves of Inspiration/Oceanfront Fun-Fold Thank You Card

I like this type of fun-fold card--it's unique! Hello, and welcome to my blog! Thanks for stopping by! First of all , this card is not a...