Friday, May 14, 2021

Expressions in Ink--New Annual Catalogue!!

 


Hello! Thank you very much for visiting my blog, and welcome to the May edition of our West Coast Creators Blog Hop! We are celebrating the release of our brand new Annual Catalogue and featuring new stamps, dies, colours, and paper in this month's blog! Woohoo!! You'll see a link to a pdf of the new catalogue in the right sidebar of my blog. Have a peek at our amazing products!!



You may know that I love watercolour backgrounds, images, and elements in cards. My blog header is probably a giveaway of that! 😉 And I've just started dabbling in using alcohol inks. I am super-excited about The Expressions in Ink Suite!!! All parts of the suite are beautiful, and I decided to use three of the products in my card.


This card was really quick to make, and I love how it turned out! The Expressions in Ink Designer Series Paper (DSP) is absolutely GORGEOUS!! I've added a photo of it at the bottom of this blog post. You could just cut a piece of the DSP and glue it to a card front and you'd have a beautiful card! I used a 5-1/4" x 4" piece of the white and green watercolour DSP, adhered it to a 5-3/8" x 4-1/8" Gold Foil mat, and attached that to a 5-1/2" x 8-1/2" (scored at 4-1/4") Shaded Spruce card base. 


The gold foil flower/leaf motif was diecut with one of the Artistic Dies, and glued to the DSP layer. I used Shaded Spruce to stamp the sentiment (from the Artistically Inked stamp set) directly onto the DSP, then added three Genial Gems to complete the card.


The stamps in Artistically Inked are Distinktive, which means they create different opacities of ink in a single stamped image--they're pretty impressive! I used the large watercolour splat image, and Shaded Spruce to stamp the card inset. Look at the different depths of colour one stamp creates! Below is a photo of the amazingly beautiful DSP.


Thanks again for stopping by! Please leave a comment below, if you have a moment. Then be sure to hop along to all of the blog stops--you'll see some stunning projects created by our talented team members!! 

10 comments:

  1. Such a beautiful card, Kim! I love that DSP too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Lori! Yes, this DSP pack is my favourite from the new Annual Catalogue!

      Delete
  2. love it! This DSP is going to be so easy to work with and to quickly make beautiful designs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hadn't ordered this set yet and your beautiful card makes me rethink. The stamp inside is sure lovely!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks very much, Shanda! The paper is simply gorgeous, and I'm really impressed with the stamps!!

      Delete
  4. I can't wait for mine to come in and play with it! It's so gorgeous! I love this card! Boom Boom Boom : Voila!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Marika!! It's so much fun to work with!!

      Delete
  5. I need this set! it is definitely on my next order! Gorgeous card.

    ReplyDelete

Waves of Inspiration/Oceanfront Fun-Fold Thank You Card

I like this type of fun-fold card--it's unique! Hello, and welcome to my blog! Thanks for stopping by! First of all , this card is not a...