Monday, March 27, 2023

By the Bay Thank You Card

  

Hello, and thanks for dropping by! And thank you VERY much for voting for my card--it placed third in Kylie Bertucci's March International Blog Highlights competition!! I am so grateful to be considered part of this group of amazing designers from all over the world, and to have been invited to participate in the Top Ten Winners' Hop again! (I am posting my Top Ten card at the bottom of this blog entry, in case you didn't see it.)

The By the Bay Suite is definitely one of my favourites! I love "all things ocean", and the colours in the Designer Series Paper are some of my favourites!

You can see more details of the embossed background
and the stitched label here.

My card was inspired by a sketch that we used in a recent team meeting. I am not the type of person to easily design cards, so a sketch is always helpful! Full directions for my card are found below.


Here is the card I submitted for this month's contest. Thanks again for voting it into the Top Ten! To see more photos and directions for the card below, click here.

Here is the card that you helped vote into the Top Ten!
Thanks again!!


If you live in Canada 🇨🇦 and don't presently have a Stampin' Up! demonstrator, I'd love to help you out! Shopping links are below.

Full Directions for My By the Bay Thank You Card:
  1. Cut the following layers:
    • Balmy Blue Cardstock: 8-1/2" x 5-1/2", scored at 4-1/4" 
    • Night of Navy Cardstock: 3-3/4" x 5" (dry embossed with Seashells 3D Embossing Folder); 2-1/2" x 2-1/2" (die cut with 4th largest scalloped Layering Circles die)
    • Mint Macaron: 2-3/8" x 4-5/8"
    • Basic White Cardstock: 2-1/2" x 2-1/2" (stamp sentiment in Night of Navy, and die cut with third largest Stylish Shapes die)
    • By the Bay DSP: 2-1/4" x 4-1/2" (multicolour wavy pattern); 2-1/4" x 4-1/4" (birch pattern--die cut with largest Tailor Made Tags die)
  2. Adhere embossed Night of Navy layer to Balmy Blue card base.
  3. Adhere multicolour wavy DSP to Mint Macaron layer, and then to Night of Navy layer.
  4. Cut 12" of Balmy Blue 1/2" Variegated Ribbon, thread through the hole of the die-cut tag, and tie into a bow. Add tag to card front with Stampin' Dimensionals. 
  5. Stamp bird (Night of Navy) and shell/sand (Crumb Cake) on stitched circle below the sentiment. Use Blending Brush (or sponge dauber) to add Balmy Blue ink to the sky and Crumb Cake ink to the ground.
  6. Adhere white circle to scalloped Night of Navy circle, then to DSP (with Stampin' Seal on the left side of the circle, and Stampin' Dimensionals on the right of the circle).
  7. Add three Flat Adhesive-Backed Pearls to card front. 

I'd love for you to comment below, if you have a moment. 😊 Then be sure to check out the other Top Ten Winners' cards!!

 

Product List

13 comments:

  1. Lovely card Kim. Congrats on your third placing in the Top Ten Blog Hop this month!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kim, your pretty card makes me want to head to a beach somewhere!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this Suite! I do hope it returns in the New Catty! If not, it will still live forever in my stash!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. By the Bay is a favourite of mine, too, Cheryl!

      Delete
  4. Thank you, Katja! Happy Easter to you, as well!

    ReplyDelete

NEW 2024-2026 Colours! Coast to Coast Creators May Blog Hop

    Welcome to our May Coast to Coast Creators Blog Hop! This month we are highlighting our brand new colours from our 2024 Annual Catalogue...