Monday, January 30, 2023

Around the Bend Thank You Card

  

Hello, and thanks for visiting my blog! And thank you VERY much for voting for my card--it placed first in Kylie Bertucci's January International Blog Highlights competition!! I am so excited to be part of a group of amazing designers from all over the globe, and to have been invited to participate in the Top Ten Winners' Hop again! (I am posting my winning card at the bottom of this blog entry, in case you didn't see it.)

I love our new Around the Bend bundle! It reminds me of our Curvy Dies and Quite Curvy stamp set, from a while back, that I have really missed. This bundle includes 14 stamps and 13 dies! You can make a lot of really beautiful cards with it!


My card is amazingly fast to make! The scalloped die and the gorgeous Fancy Flora Designer Series Paper (DSP) do all of the work!

Remember that you can save 10% when you buy the bundle (162383).

Here is the card I submitted for this month's contest. Thanks again for voting it into first place! To see more photos and directions for the card below, click here.




If you live in Canada 🇨🇦 and don't presently have a Stampin' Up! demonstrator, I'd love to help you out! Shopping links are below.

Full Directions for My Around the Bend Thank You Card:
  1. Cut the following layers:
    • Night of Navy Cardstock: 5-1/2" x 8-1/2", scored at 4-1/4" 
    • Basic White Cardstock: 5-1/2" x 4"
    • Fancy Flora DSP: 5-1/2" x 3"
  2. Die cut Fancy Flora DSP as shown, using scalloped Around the Bend die.
  3. Separate two pieces of DSP and place over white layer to determine placement of sentiment. Stamp sentiment in Starry Sky ink.
  4. Adhere DSP to Basic White layer; trim if necessary.
  5. Wrap 20" of Starry Sky Metallic Woven ribbon around top of DSP/white layer, about 1/2" from top and tie into a bow.
  6. Adhere DSP/white layer to Night of Navy card base.
  7. Add three 2022-2024 In Color Matte Decorative Dots to card front. I used a combination of Starry Sky and Orchid Oasis.

I'd love for you to comment below, if you have a moment. 😊 Then be sure to check out the other Top Ten Winners' cards!!

Product List

17 comments:

  1. What a beautiful card! Congratulations on being #1!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another pretty card, Kim! Congrats on placing first! Fun hopping with you today :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks very much, Beth! Congrats on your Top Ten placement, as well!

      Delete
    2. Lovely card Kim and Congrats on making it not just to the Top Ten Blog Hop this month, but to number one! :)

      Delete
  3. What a great way to use that paper! I love that die set.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks very much, Robbie! I love the die set as well!!

      Delete
  4. So beautiful Kim! I love your card!
    Greetings from Germany
    Simone

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful card Kim! Congrats on making it to the Top Ten.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great card. Congrats on the Top 10.

    ReplyDelete

Country Flowers Online MEGA Stamp Camp

  Country Flowers Online MEGA Stamp Camp Register Now!   Are you ready for another MEGA weekend stamp camp online with 10 AWESOME projects? ...