Monday, December 28, 2020

Dandy Garden Laser-Cut Thank You Card

Thank you for visiting my blog! I am so excited to be participating again in Kylie Bertucci's Top Ten Winners Hop! I am honoured to once again be grouped in with some very talented designers from all over the world. Thanks to your votes, my card came in #4!!  In case you haven't seen it, I have posted it at the end of this blog entry.

For the Winners Hop this month, I wanted to showcase Stampin' Up!'s amazing Dandy Laser-Cut Paper, which is available (with the rest of the Dandy Garden Suite) starting January 5th. This product comes with an assortment of card fronts and accents, and coordinates with our Dandy Garden Suite. I chose to use the dandelion silhouette laser-cut card front for this really cool gift card holder. 


I think these silhouettes are most effective when there is a bright Designer Series Paper (DSP) behind the laser-cut. I chose to use one of the beautiful, bright DSPs from Whale of a Time. I cut a 4" x 5-1/4" piece, and then used my trimmer to cut out a window that was slightly smaller than the 3-1/4" x 4-3/4" laser-cut paper. I glued the resulting frame to the centre of a 4-1/4" x 5-1/2" piece of Whisper White Thick cardstock.


The card base is a 9-3/4" x  4-3/4" piece of Pacific Point, scored along the long side at 3-1/4" and 6-1/2", and then folded into a Z-fold. The dandelion laser-cut was adhered to the smaller piece (the cut-out window) of DSP, and that was glued to the front of the card. The back part of the Z-fold is centred over the frame of DSP and glued. I used the largest Stitched So Sweetly die (if you don't have this set, it's a MUST--I use it all the time with my cards!) to cut Whisper White cardstock for a message. This is glued onto the third panel of the Z-fold. A piece of the DSP was cut with the fourth largest rectangle to make a pocket for a gift card. The bottom and sides (not the top!) of the rectangle were glued at the very edge, and attached to the second panel. 


I punched a dragonfly out from one of the sheets of Dandy Garden DSP. The colour didn't coordinate very well with the Pacific Point, so I coloured over the Misty Moonlight parts of the dragonfly with a Pacific Point watercolour pencil, and then used a Blender Pen to blend the colours (this worked beautifully!). I glued only the body of the dragonfly to the card, painted the wings with Wink of Stella, and lifted the wings up a bit from the card. The sentiment (from Itty Bitty Greetings) was cut with another Stitched So Sweetly die. I finished the card with three Rhinestone Basic Jewels.


Here is another example using a different laser-cut paper card fronts.


If you don't want this as a gift card, then you can glue all four sides of the scalloped rectangle of DSP. You may want to rotate it so that it is in "portrait" orientation.


Here is the card that placed fourth in Kylie Bertucci's International Highlights blog contest. It is also from the Dandy Garden Suite--and used the Dandy Garden stamp set. 



Thank you again for visiting my blog! I'd love it, if you have a moment, if you would leave a comment. Then be sure to visit the other Top Ten Winners! 

~ Kim ❤️


Product List

10 comments:

  1. Wonderful cards! All of them!
    Feels good to hop together again ;-)
    Greetings from Germany!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Simone! Yes, it's great to hop with others from around the world!!

      Delete
    2. What a wonderful set of three cards! My favourite is the first one. Congrats Kim on making it to the Top Ten Blog Hop this month!

      Delete
    3. Kylie, thank you so much! And thanks for letting me know your favourite! I love blogging with you!

      Delete
  2. Awesome card Kim! I may have to put this on my CASE list if you don't mind :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely!! Thanks for the nice comment, Kim!!

      Delete
  3. What a lovely idea for this fancy fold! This is one to pin on Pinterest! It's been a pleasure hopping with you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Kim! It's been a pleasure hopping with you, as well! Wasn't it cool that three of the Top Ten Winners are Kims??

      Delete

Waves of Inspiration/Oceanfront Fun-Fold Thank You Card

I like this type of fun-fold card--it's unique! Hello, and welcome to my blog! Thanks for stopping by! First of all , this card is not a...