Sunday, May 14, 2023

Darling Details In Color Card--Coast to Coast Creators Blog Hop

   

Welcome to our May Coast to Coast Creators Blog Hop! This month we are featuring our new 2023-2025 "In Colors" Collection! 



Okay, I have a confession to make... When I first saw our five new “In Colors” I wasn't very excited about them. They're very "earthy", and I usually like brighter colours. When I saw a "real" (not digital) catalogue, I liked the colours a little better. But when I saw our gorgeous Earthen Elegance 12" x 12" Designer Series Paper (DSP), which had three of the new colours, I realized they are actually quite nice!

I love the detailed stitched frame that is part of
the Darling Details die set!

I used four of the five In Colors in this card--Boho Blue, Moody Mauve, Copper Clay (in the DSP), and Wild Wheat. I also used our new Darling Details bundle. I love the beautiful Distinktive™ stamps, which give a range of colour depth when stamped once, and the amazing dies (which include two frames and a border die)--see a photo of the bundle below!

You can see the Boho Blue ink added to the background
with a Blending Brush in this photo.


The directions for my card are below.

But first, be sure to check out my friends' beautiful creations below!! 

You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter

Full Directions for My Darling Details In Color Card:
  1. Cut the following layers:
    • Boho Blue cardstock: 8-1/2" x 5-1/2", scored at 4-1/4"; 3-5/8 x 4-3/4" (die cut with larger frame)
    • Wild Wheat cardstock: 3" x 2" (die cut flowers/leaves sprig and 3 stems; piece two together to make a longer stem)
    • Basic White cardstock: 3-3/8" x 4-5/8"; 1-1/2" x 1-1/2" (stamp sentiment with Boho Blue, and then die cut with second smallest Stylish Shapes circle die); 2" x 2" (stamp 5 flowers in Boho Blue, and then die cut)
    • Earthen Elegance 12" x 12" DSP: 4" x 5-1/4"
  2. Stamp the two detailed flowers on the largest Basic White piece in Moody Mauve, and then fill with stamped-off (second generation) Moody Mauve.
  3. Add Boho Blue ink to the background with a Blending Brush (starting off the paper to prevent blotches).
  4. Adhere the flowers and stems with Multipurpose Liquid Glue, as shown.
  5. Adhere the frame to the Basic White piece.
  6. Adhere DSP to the card base, and then adhere the framed piece.
  7. Adhere the sentiment to the bottom right of the card front with Stampin' Dimensionals.
  8. Tie a bow with a double strand of Linen Thread, and add to card front with a glue dot.
  9. Add Basic Rhinestone Jewels to the centres of the flowers. 
I'd love for you to comment below, if you have a moment, please. 😊 


Shopping Links for My Darling Details In Color Card:


Product List

2 comments:

Country Flowers Online MEGA Stamp Camp

  Country Flowers Online MEGA Stamp Camp Register Now!   Are you ready for another MEGA weekend stamp camp online with 10 AWESOME projects? ...