Tuesday, June 14, 2022

Coast to Coast Creators Blog Hop - He's All That Emboss Resist Card

Our June Coast to Coast Creators Blog Hop features our new 2022-2023 Annual Catalogue (you can peruse this by clicking on the photo of the catalogue to the right). This weekend I co-hosted a fabulous He's the Man two-day Stamp Camp with 7 very talented designers! We demonstrated 16 wonderful cards, and had a fun time making these cards together with a great group of participants! Today's card uses the same stamp set, but I thought I'd try a different colour scheme this time.



I am on a bit of an emboss-resist kick these days. I saw a sample using this stamp set in our Annual Catalogue which inspired me, and made me decide to use this technique (even though that's not the technique they used). The card above is the second card I made, after I was unhappy with the results of the first card--I felt that I needed to do a little more pre-planning... However, when I looked back to my first try later, I decided I kind of liked it after all. Here's my first effort:


I heat-embossed both of these cards with clear embossing powder--for the top one I added Balmy Blue ink with a Blending Brush before I embossed, then added more colour after embossing; for the second card I embossed first on the Shimmery White Cardstock, and added layers of colour after.

The white was a little too stark for me, so I added
Balmy Blue ink before embossing in the card below.

You can see that these compasses are slightly blue,
and not as stark as the photo above.

For the top card, I inked the area below where the sentiment
would be with Parakeet Party, and the rest with Balmy Blue.



Full Directions for My He's All That Card:
  1. Cut the following layers:
    • Night of Navy (or Parakeet Party) cardstock: 5-1/2" x 8-1/2", scored at 4-1/4"
    • Parakeet Party (or Night of Navy) cardstock: 5-1/4" x 4"
    • Shimmery White cardstock: 5-1/16" x 3-13/16" 
  2. For the top card, add Balmy Blue and Parakeet Party ink to the Shimmery White cardstock with a Blending Brush (as shown in the photo above). Dry the ink with a heat tool (so embossing powder doesn't stick where it shouldn't).
  3. Stamp sentiment and then the compasses (being careful not to overlap--unless you want that effect) with Versamark ink, add clear embossing powder, and set with heat tool. (For the second card, you'll stamp and heat emboss before inking the Shimmery White layer).
  4. Add Parakeet Party, Starry Sky, and Night of Navy ink as desired to background using a Blending Brush. Be sure to start off the edge of the paper, and apply ink gently in a circular motion. 
  5. Use Stampin' Seal to adhere Parakeet Party (or Night of Navy) cardstock layer to Night of Navy (or Parakeet Party) card base.
  6. Cut two 7" lengths of Linen Thread. Fold each in half, and then loop them together, and tape ends to the back of the layer.
  7. Adhere Shimmery White layer to mat.
  8. Add three Rustic Metallic Adhesive Backed Dots to card front.


Thank you very much for visiting my blog!! 😊 If you have a moment, please leave a comment.
Then be sure to check out my wonderful teammates' blogs to see some great creations!

You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter
Product List

6 comments:

  1. Wow! Emboss resist and so much more! I love your colour choices and layout! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks very much, Debbie! I'm glad that you like it!

      Delete
  2. Love these! Makes me want to go blow the dust off my stamping collection.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies


    1. Thanks! You really should! It's a great, calming activity. 😊

      Delete
  3. So beautiful - Sheila

    ReplyDelete

Country Flowers Online MEGA Stamp Camp

  Country Flowers Online MEGA Stamp Camp Register Now!   Are you ready for another MEGA weekend stamp camp online with 10 AWESOME projects? ...