Monday, October 4, 2021

Sailing Home Fun-Fold Card

Hello, and thank you for visiting my blog! I have entered a new card in Kylie Bertucci's October International Highlights contest. If you like it, I hope that you will vote for itPlease click on the button below to go to Kylie's blog, and vote by clicking on the top right corner of the thumbnail of my card (#1), until you see the heart turn red. Thank you for your support! 

 

This great fun-fold project was inspired by a lovely floral card that I saw, made by Australia's Gail Ellis. This is my take on her double-box card. This is a cool card, because it folds flat, and fits in a regular envelope! 

I really love the Sailing Home stamp set, and it is definitely my go-to for masculine cards! I started with a piece of 3-1/2" x 3-1/4" Basic White Cardstock (I usually use Shimmery White Cardstock for blended and watercolour backgrounds, but thought I'd try Basic White for a change ๐Ÿ˜Š). The lighthouse, from Sailing Home, was stamped in Night of Navy, and then I used a Blender Pen to spread the navy colour across the lighthouse. 

I cut a Post-It Note in the shape of a hill, and covered the lower portion of the cardstock--this would later become the sand. I used Blending Brushes, and added colours to make the sky background. I started with Fresh Freesia at the bottom, then added Balmy Blue, Pool Party, and Pacific Point--overlapping colours, and getting darker toward the top of the card. Next, I added another Post-It Note at the water line, and applied more colour (Pool Party and Pacific Point) to the water with Blending Brushes. The sailboat was also stamped in Night of Navy, blended with a Blender Pen, and then I added some waves to the water with a White Stampin' Chalk Marker

I removed both Post-It Notes, and put the "negative" of the first note over the inked sky and water, and sponged some Crumb Cake ink onto the sand. Some texture was added to the sand using Crumb Cake and a stamp from Color & Contour. 

To finish off the card front, I stamped the birds in Night of Navy, added a large Rhinestone Basic Jewel to the lighthouse, and matted it on a 3-5/8" x 3-3/8" piece of Night of Navy cardstock. The Night of Navy sentiment is from Penguin Place, cut with our Messages Die. The Basic White background, left foreground, and right side edge pieces are all embossed with the Wintry 3D embossing folder. 

Thanks so much for stopping by--and for voting!!! If you like my  card, please click here--then remember to click on the top right corner of the thumbnail of my card (#1) until the heart turns red--that way you know that your vote is registered:

If you live in Canada and do not have a Stampin' Up! demonstrator, 
I would love to be your demonstrator! Shop here! ๐Ÿ˜Š


Thank you very much for visiting my blog,
and for your support!! ๐Ÿ˜Š

❤️ Kim

Product List

11 comments:

  1. Wow, this really is is a cool card, Kim! It’s such a great unisex double box card. And it’s amazing that it folds flat, and fits in a regular envelope! Thanks for being part of my International Blog Highlights this month and all the best with voting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry Kim! The above message is me Kylie! Accidently on my friends login.:(

      Delete
    2. Heehee, Kylie... that's so funny!! ๐Ÿ˜‚ Thank you for your lovely comment! I love participating in your International Blog Highlights!! Please thank your friend for their kind comment, too! ๐Ÿ˜‰

      Delete
  2. Love your card! Beautiful colours and great box!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Terrific card Kim! Your are so talented with the blending technique! What a neat fold, I am fold challenged ๐Ÿ™‚๐Ÿ™ƒ

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks very much for your kind comment, Lesley! This fun-fold is actually pretty easy to do—you should give it a try! ๐Ÿ˜Š

      Delete
  4. Thanks so much, Theresa! Our Blending Brushes make it really easy to create a background like this!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cool twist by turning that fun fold sideways! I wouldn't have thought of that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Kim! I’m just following Gail Ellis’ directions… I didn’t even notice it was a sideways fun-fold! ๐Ÿคฆ๐Ÿป‍♀️

      Delete

Waves of Inspiration/Oceanfront Fun-Fold Thank You Card

I like this type of fun-fold card--it's unique! Hello, and welcome to my blog! Thanks for stopping by! First of all , this card is not a...