Sunday, February 14, 2021

Sand & Sea Birthday Card

 

Welcome to the February edition of the West Coast Creators Blog Hop! This month we are focusing on Hey Chick, Hey Birthday Chick, and birthday cards in general. I wanted to use one of my favourite new products--the Sand & Sea Suite. I ended up using six of the seven components of it. There's so much to love!!



I started with two pieces of Sand & Sea Designer Series Paper (DSP)--a 5" x 3-3/4" piece of the Misty Moonlight DSP, and a 5" x 2-1/4" piece of Sahara Sand DSP (which I cut with a Curvy Die, but you could just use paper snips). I adhered the Sahara Sand piece to the Misty Moonlight DSP with Seal, and then that layer to a 5-1/8" x 3-7/8" Misty Moonlight mat. The card base is a 5-1/2" x 8-1/2" piece of Seaside Spray cardstock, scored at 4-1/4". I used my Stampin' Cut & Emboss Machine to die cut and emboss a 5-1/4" x 4" piece of Pearlescent Specialty Paper with the large Seaside Shells Die and Seashells 3D Embossing Folder. 


I cut apart the shells, leaving some seaweed attached to the largest shell, and I used our amazing Blending Brushes to add ink (Seaside Spray, Blushing Bride, Flirty Flamingo) to three shells, and Mint Macaron to some of the seaweed. I pulled the edges of a 7" length of 3/16" Braided Linen Trim apart, made a loop at one edge, and attached it to the DSP layer with glue dots. I added the shells and seaweed with Seal and Dimensionals.


Two of the seaweed "fronds" were curled up to give them some dimension, and glued so that they lifted a bit from the paper. 


The sentiment--from the Friends are Like Seashells stamp set--was stamped directly onto the DSP in Misty Moonlight. I added three Opal Rounds to complete the card. 


The Sand & Sea Suite is absolutely beautiful, and has so many possibilities for creativity!

Thank you very much for visiting my blog! Please leave a comment below, if you have time. Then be sure to visit the other blogs--there are some gorgeous cards to see!!

❤️ Kim

You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter
Product List

12 comments:

  1. Beautiful card!! The pearlescent paper sure makes it look fancy too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Leah! I love the Pearlescent Specialty Paper!

      Delete
  2. Gorgeous! I love what you did with the Braided Linen Trim!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Lori! I'm not always a fan of the Braided Linen Trim as it is, but I really like it "shredded" a bit, and it seems to go well with the shell theme!

      Delete
  3. Kim.. this is stunning! what a great use of the DSP and the curvy die!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thanks, Gill! I love the colours and textures in this suite! They're so fun to work with!

      Delete
  4. Your designs always amaze me - this card is so pretty!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, Shanda, you always say the sweetest things! Thank you so much!!

      Delete
  5. So shinny! I must get me some of that pearlescent paper! Amazing card!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow Kim! Every card you make looks like a piece of art!

    ReplyDelete

Country Flowers Online MEGA Stamp Camp

  Country Flowers Online MEGA Stamp Camp Register Now!   Are you ready for another MEGA weekend stamp camp online with 10 AWESOME projects? ...