Tuesday, July 14, 2020

West Coast Creators Blog Hop--July 2020

Our focus for this month's blog hop is the new Stampin' Up! 2020 - 2022 In Color collection.  My card showcases my favourite--Just Jade, as well as Bumblebee, and a hint of Cinnamon Cider.  I used Bruno Bertucci's Scrappy Strip Technique.  I love this technique, because it is super easy, I like the look of it, and it is also great for using up scraps that seem to accumulate in my craft room!! 


The Designer Series Papers used are all from the Flowers for Every Season pack.  The strips are adhered to a 3-3/4" x 5" piece of Very Vanilla cardstock, and overlap the long edges of it, leaving a 1/16" gap between strips.  The overhanging strips are trimmed even with the edges of the Very Vanilla piece, and then mounted on a 3-7/8" x 5-1/8" piece of Bumblebee cardstock.  I added a Forever Greenery ribbon, and then attached the card front to a Just Jade card base.  The sentiment is from Itty Bitty Greetings, which was cut out with the smallest Stitched So Sweetly die.

I decided to make another card using the same technique, with strips of Misty Moonlight cardstock--another new colour from the collection.  Each of the nine pieces is embossed with a different embossing folder (Seabed 3D, Hammered Metal 3D, Scripty 3D, Tin Tile 3D, Subtle 3D, and the Greenery and Meadow Moments two-packs).  The embossed pieces are adhered to a piece of Pool Party cardstock, wrapped with a Pool Party ribbon tied into a bow, and mounted on a card base of Misty Moonlight.  The sentiment is from Itty Bitty Greetings, and is cut with a Stitched So Sweetly die.


So, I ended up using four of the five new colours in our In Color collection.  The one I didn't use is Magenta Madness, which is also beautiful!!

Thanks very much for stopping by!  Please leave a comment below, if you like, and click the link below to get to the next blog on the hop.  

You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter



Product List
Misty Moonlight 8-1/2" X 11" Card Stock
Marina Mist 8-1/2" X 11" Card Stock
[119682]

10 comments:

  1. I love both your cards made with this strip technique. I will have to try embossing and making a card with those strips.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Shanda! This technique is super quick and easy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohhh Kim! your embossing strip technique! AMAZING!!!! Love it! I think the colour combination gets me too! haha!

    ReplyDelete
  4. love the monochromatic scrappy strip with the folders! great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks, Gillian! I seem to be using this technique a lot lately!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oooooh, I love the scrappy strip technique both with DSP and with the embossing! Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks very much, Lori! I love this technique, too!

      Delete
  7. Wow, it must have been so had to line them up so nicely!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not at all, Liv! The strips overlap a 3-3/4" x 5" piece of cardstock, and the excess is just trimmed off, even with the cardstock edges. The 1/16" gaps are just "until it looks right"!

      Delete

Country Flowers Online MEGA Stamp Camp

  Country Flowers Online MEGA Stamp Camp Register Now!   Are you ready for another MEGA weekend stamp camp online with 10 AWESOME projects? ...