Thursday, March 14, 2024

Thoughtful Expressions & Stampin' Write Markers--Coast to Coast Creators March Blog Hop

  

Welcome to our March Coast to Coast Creators Blog Hop! This month we are highlighting our newest Online Exclusive products, as well as our Stampin' Write Markers and Stampin' Blends! My card features a quick and easy background technique made using our Stampin' Write Markers.


I also used our Thoughtful Expressions Bundle (stamp set and dies). 


To start, I used painter's tape on my glass mat to make a rectangle slightly larger than my Basic White layer, so I would have a size guide. 

 

Then I coloured a 1/2" strip of colour using 11 Stampin' Write Markers (Daffodil Delight, Crushed Curry, Pumpkin Pie, Bubble Bath, Fresh Freesia, Flirty Flamingo, Melon Mambo, Berry Burst, Azure Afternoon, Blueberry Bushel, and Misty Moonlight). You can buy the Stampin' Write Markers in sets of 5, 10, 11 (the new core colours) or 40.


Next, I spritzed the glass mat with water, until the colours started to run and blend a bit. I pressed my white cardstock firmly into the watery colours, and let that piece dry. (If you use less water, it's more like stripes, which wasn't the effect I wanted in this card.)


I stamped the hummingbird and sentiment, and diecut the flower and leaves. 


I added a stem with a Basic Black Stampin' Write Marker. The frame was made by cutting out the top and bottom with the largest Thoughtful Expressions rectangular die, and then using my trimmer to cut the sides between the die cuts. I layered the watercoloured piece and diecut mat onto a Melon Mambo card base.

Be sure to check out my friends' beautiful creations below!! 

You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter
Shopping Links:


Product List

4 comments:

  1. A beautiful background with the markers! Thanks for sharing this technique.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have never seen that before! I will have to give this a try! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks very much, Shanda! Yes, you'll have to try it--it's super simple!

      Delete

Country Flowers Online MEGA Stamp Camp

  Country Flowers Online MEGA Stamp Camp Register Now!   Are you ready for another MEGA weekend stamp camp online with 10 AWESOME projects? ...