Monday, November 28, 2022

Pretty Prints Thank You Card #2

   

Hello, and thanks for visiting my blog! And thank you VERY much for voting for my card--it placed first in Kylie Bertucci's November International Blog Highlights competition!! I am so excited to be part of a group of such creative designers from all around the world, and to have been invited to participate in the Top Ten Winners' Hop again! (I am posting my winning card at the bottom of this blog entry, in case you didn't see it.)


Pretty Prints Thank You Card #2


My Pretty Prints Designer Series Paper (DSP) had been gathering dust on the shelf for quite some time. It is such a beautiful collection of patterned papers, so I felt badly that I wasn't using it! I dusted it off, and used it for my last two Winners' Hops.


This is a modification of a U-fold design we used in yesterday's Mystery Stamping portion of our team meeting. I hadn't yet created a card for today's post at that point, and I really liked this design, and thought it was a unique fun-fold card!


Here is the card I submitted for this month's contest. Thanks again for voting it into first place! To see more photos and directions for the card below, click here.



If you live in Canada 🇨🇦 and don't presently have a Stampin' Up! demonstrator, I'd love to help you out! Shopping links are below.

Full Directions for My Pretty Prints Thank You Card #2:
  1. Cut the following layers:
    • Coastal Cabana cardstock: 11" x 5-1/2", scored at 1-1/4", 3-3/8", 7-5/8", 9-3/4" (burnish score lines--mountain fold, valley, valley, mountain); 3" x 3" (die cut with second largest scalloped circle from Layering Circles Dies)
    • Basic White cardstock: 3" x 4" (for inside; stamp image with stamped-off (second generation) Bermuda Bay ink); 3" x 3" (die cut with second largest Stylish Shapes circle; stamp sentiment with Memento ink and image with Bermuda Bay ink)
    • Pretty Prints 1-7/8" x 5-1/4" (four of these); 4-1/4" x 1" (for inside)
  2. Adhere same-sized strips of DSP to first, second, fourth, and fifth panels (note that the first and fifth DSP strips will extend off the outer (left and right) edges of the card base).
  3. Adhere DSP to inside of card (as shown in photo), about 1-1/4" up from bottom of card base.
  4. Adhere Basic White piece over DSP strip, leaving an even border all around the piece.
  5. Adhere sentiment circle to scalloped Coastal Cabana circle. Adhere the left half of the circle to only the left side of the card front with Dimensionals.
  6. Add three Rhinestone Basic Jewels to card front.

I'd love for you to comment below, if you have a moment. 😊 Then be sure to check out the other Top Ten Winners' cards!!


Product List

13 comments:

  1. Beautiful. I love the fancy fold! Congratulations on #1 this month.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. Thanks very much, Marilyn! This is the first time I've made one of these!

      Delete
  3. Lovely card Kim! Congrats on making it to number one in the Top Ten Blog Hop this month!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Simply gorgeous card. I love the way you have showcased this beautiful paper. Wonderful fancy fold design.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks very much, Tricia! The DSP is so gorgeous, isn't it?

      Delete
  5. Beautiful cards, Kim! Fun hopping with you and the Top 10! :)

    ReplyDelete

Country Flowers Online MEGA Stamp Camp

  Country Flowers Online MEGA Stamp Camp Register Now!   Are you ready for another MEGA weekend stamp camp online with 10 AWESOME projects? ...