Wednesday, September 14, 2022

Soft Seedlings Colour Challenge--Coast to Coast Creators Blog Hop

 

Welcome to our September Coast to Coast Creators Blog Hop! This month we are doing a Colour Challenge, creating cards with Cajun Craze, Blackberry Bliss, and Basic Black.


These (to me) are Halloween colours, but they also remind me of Fall, which seems to be coming soon! I decided to make my card with our gorgeous Soft Seedlings stamp set. This is one of our "Distinktive" stamp sets--stamping once gives a wonderful depth of colour!


I stamped the leaf image with Blackberry Bliss, removed the ink from all of the image except the leaf, added ink to the stems and seeds with a Cajun Craze marker, and then I stamped onto Shimmery White Cardstock. I heat embossed parts of the seeds with gold embossing powder. Since I didn't want any black leaves 😳, I used our Stitched Rectangles dies to create a stitched frame for my card.


The Blackberry Bliss background is ink added with a Blending Brush. Next, I dry embossed part of the card front with our Leaf Fall 3D embossing folder, and added some Cajun Craze ink to the raised area with a Blending Brush.


Full Directions for My Colour Soft Seedlings Challenge Card:
  1. Cut the following layers:
    • Blackberry Bliss cardstock: 5-1/2" x 8-1/2", scored at 4-1/4"
    • Cajun Craze cardstock: 5-1/4" x 4"
    • Basic Black cardstock: 5" x 3-3/4" (die cut a frame with the 2 largest rectangles)
    • Shimmery White cardstock: 4-7/8" x 3-5/8"
  2. Stamp leaf with Blackberry Bliss ink, but remove ink from stems and seeds, and stamp those parts with Cajun Craze (you can add ink with a Cajun Craze Stampin' marker). "Huff" on ink and stamp onto Shimmery White layer. Add some Versamark ink to the edges of the seeds, add gold embossing powder and set with a heat tool.
  3. Add Blackberry Bliss ink to background with Blending Brushes.
  4. Stamp sentiment in Blackberry Bliss ink, and then partially emboss using the Leaf Fall 3D embossing folder.
  5. Add Cajun Craze ink with a Blending Brush to the raised (embossed) area.
  6. Wrap Linen Thread around the card 3 times and tie into a bow.
  7. Layer Cajun Craze, Shimmery White, and Basic Black frame onto the card base.
  8. Add three Calypso Coral Polished Dots.

Thank you very much for visiting my blog!! 😊 
If you have a moment, please leave a comment.
Then be sure to check out my wonderful teammates' blogs
to see some great creations!




You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter

Shopping Links:

Product List

7 comments:

  1. love the subtle use of the colours here. very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This card definitely says "autumn". Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Shanda! I found it a difficult colour selection to work with!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love everything about your card, from the different width for the mats to the blending on the embossed piece! It's lovely!

    ReplyDelete

Waves of Inspiration/Oceanfront Fun-Fold Thank You Card

I like this type of fun-fold card--it's unique! Hello, and welcome to my blog! Thanks for stopping by! First of all , this card is not a...