Saturday, August 14, 2021

Penguin Playmates Sale-a-Bration Card

Hello!! Welcome to the August edition of our West Coast Creators Blog Hop!! This month, we are celebrating our Sale-a-Bration promotion--by using free products that you can earn to create our cards. Yes, you read that correctly!! Until September 30, 2021 you can get some amazing products for FREE!!  For every $60 you spend from any current catalogue (before taxes and shipping) you can choose a free product from our Sale-a-Bration brochure. You'll see a link to this brochure in the right sidebar, as well as links to our July to December Mini (holiday) Catalogue and our Annual Catalogue. **SADLY, THIS PAPER IS NO LONGER AVAILABLE.** πŸ˜”


I used the gorgeous Penguin Playmates 12" x 12" Designer Series Paper (DSP) to make my card. My card is a Double Dutch Door fun-fold card. I learned how to make this in Ange's Technique Club. It's really easy to make, and quite unique!


I have to admit, at first I wasn't really too excited about the Penguin Place Bundle--until I saw this coordinating DSP! It sold me on the bundle! Now I just love these penguins, snowmen, and foxes, and the super versatile stamp set and punch bundle!! 

I used three different patterns of DSP for this card--a 3-7/8" x 2-15/16" wintry scene with animals and snowmen, two 1-3/4" x 1-15/16" striped pieces, and a penguin cut from a third piece. And how cool is this--the penguin from the DSP can be punched out with the Penguin Builder Punch!! What could be easier than that? The penguins are stinkin' cute--both on the DSP and the stamped images!! 
 

The card base is Just Jade cardstock. I cut two labels from our Stitched So Sweetly Dies--one in Fresh Freesia (which I embossed with the Painted Texture 3D embossing folder), and one in Misty Moonlight. I cut the Misty Moonlight label horizontally, separated it by about 1/4", and glued it to the back of the Fresh Freesia label. The three larger DSP pieces were matted on Basic Black, and a 5'' piece of Fresh Freesia Open Weave Ribbon was folded around to the back of the Basic Black cardstock, and adhered with mini glue dots. I adhered the penguin to the label with Dimensionals, and then added three Subtle Shimmer Sequins.


The sentiment (also cut with a Stitched So Sweetly Die) is from the Penguin Place stamp set, and is stamped in Just Jade. Below is a picture of the Penguin Playmates DSP. Remember that you can get this for FREE with a $60 order!! **SADLY, THIS PAPER IS NO LONGER AVAILABLE.** πŸ˜”


Thanks for visiting my blog! If you have a moment, please leave a comment below. Then be sure to hop to each of my talented teammates' blogs to see their beautiful creations!

❤️ Kim


You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter
Product List

If you live in Canada and don't have a Stampin' Up! demonstrator, I'd love to be your demonstrator! Contact me, or click on the product links above. 

Thank you so much for leaving a comment! I'd love to hear from you!

6 comments:

  1. love it! I still need to try this fold.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Gill! I had forgotten all about this fold… I was looking for something “different”. 😊

      Delete
  2. That penguin is sooo cute! I think it likes to be up and center on your card! Such a cheery card!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The penguins really are so cute!! And I usually don't do "cutsie"! The stamped penguins are just as cute (or maybe even more)! I'm using them for card swaps soon! πŸ˜‰

      Delete
  3. Thanks for your great instructions! I have been wanting to try a double dutch door card - yours is lovely with all the paper you used!

    ReplyDelete

Thoughtful Expressions & Stampin' Write Markers--Coast to Coast Creators March Blog Hop

    Welcome to our March Coast to Coast Creators Blog Hop! This month we are highlighting our newest Online Exclusive products, as well as o...