Monday, August 10, 2020

Thank You Snow Much!


I am thrilled to participate in Kylie's Demonstrator August Blog Hop, along with many talented Stampin' Up demonstrators from around the world!

I host a monthly Virtual Technique Club, and my sister gives us challenges to complete before our next virtual get-together. A recent challenge was to design a Christmas card in non-traditional colours. This was a great challenge for me, because I LOVE making Christmas cards in blues. We also had a team challenge to use the colours Misty Moonlight, Rococo Rose, and Soft Sea Foam. This card was designed to cover both challenges. 



 
The card base is Misty Moonlight--I stamped in Misty Moonlight around the perimeter of it with snowflakes from our brand-new Snowflake Wishes stamp set. The card front is also Misty Moonlight. I smooshed (I'm pretty sure that's a card-making term... right??) my White Craft Ink pad over the raised part of my Winter Snow Embossing Folder (also in our new Holiday Mini Catalogue), and ran it through my embossing machine. This was layered on a Soft Sea Foam cardstock layer, and then adhered to a small piece of Rococo Rose cardstock. The ribbon is our 3/8" Metallic-Edge Ribbon (silver), which I coloured using a Rococo Rose Stampin' Blends marker.



The sentiment is also from Snowflake Wishes, which is cut out with one of the Tasteful Labels dies--I have been using this die set a LOT lately!! Three Rhinestone Basic Jewels add a little more sparkle to my card!

Thanks for stopping by!!  Please be sure to check out the other cards in the August Demonstrator Training Program Blog Hop--you'll be glad that you did!!

 
Product List





18 comments:

  1. Great card, Kim! I love your "smooshing"!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 😊 I seem to be doing a lot of smooshing these days! Thanks for your comment, Lori!!

      Delete
  2. great idea for that embossing folder! I'm going to try it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely card! Love snowflakes!😊

    ReplyDelete
  4. A lovely card, Kim. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Libby, thank you!! And thanks for stopping by!

      Delete

Country Flowers Online MEGA Stamp Camp

  Country Flowers Online MEGA Stamp Camp Register Now!   Are you ready for another MEGA weekend stamp camp online with 10 AWESOME projects? ...