Monday, August 24, 2020

Kylie's Winners Hop - Feels Like Frost/In the Pines Card

 

I would like to thank everyone who voted for my card--you helped me finish in first place in Kylie Bertucci's International Blog Highlights contest!! Woohoo! I am so honoured to be part of a group of such talented winners!! Be sure to check out their amazing work by clicking on the links below.

Our theme for the blog is “thank you”. For my card, I used our Feels Like Frost Specialty Designer Series Paper—I was really happy to see that it is a returning favourite in our new Mini Catalogue! These papers are absolutely gorgeous!  One side features a beautiful photo in an array of lovely colours, and the reverse side has pretty silver foil patterns.


To make this card, I used a strip of the Feels Like Frost paper, and attached it to a layer of Highland Heather cardstock. An outline of the largest tree from In the Pines was stamped with Versamark ink, then heat embossed with white embossing powder. Next, I painted the tree with Frost White Shimmer paint, and once it was dry, I adhered it to the Highland Heather layer, using liquid multipurpose glue applied to the back of the vellum with a sponge.

A bow maker was used to tie a bow with the silver Metallic-Edge Ribbon, which was then attached around to the back of the Highland Heather cardstock with glue dots. The card front was layered on a Purple Posy cardstock layer, and then to a Blackberry Bliss card base. The sentiment is from our Very Versailles stamp set, which is cut using the smallest Stitched So Sweetly die. Three Rhinestone Basic Jewels finish off the card.

8 comments:

  1. Love the way you use the purples here Kim! Always to fun to see how others put their own stamp on life!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Deb! I love the colours in the Feels Like Frost DSP!!

      Delete
  2. So beautiful, Kim! I love the purple and frost white shimmer together! Congratulations on your first place finish!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the colour combo, purple is my favourite colour, goes so well with the silver embossing :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I love the colour combination, too!!

      Delete
  4. Stunning card! Love the colour combination!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Melva!! The Feels Like Frost DSP's colours are sooo lovely!!

      Delete

Waves of Inspiration/Oceanfront Fun-Fold Thank You Card

I like this type of fun-fold card--it's unique! Hello, and welcome to my blog! Thanks for stopping by! First of all , this card is not a...